New alltrac videos...finally getting dialed in...

CMS-GT4

Looks like your really moving in that vid. Getting warm enough out to get those tires hot I see.

Have you decided if the alltrac is going to nationals or not?

gtfour77

CMS-GT4":184qra3c said:
Looks like your really moving in that vid. Getting warm enough out to get those tires hot I see.

Have you decided if the alltrac is going to nationals or not?

The 315's really did their job... Very happy so far. Now if I only could get realiable power out of the trac that would make me even happier....I think I cracked some ringlands again.... Oh well, I have 8 more spare pistons so it's all good...heh
I'd love to take it to the nationals but will not want to drive it there....maybe next year after I get a truck and a trailer...we'll see...

Mafix

jesus man, think you can get a little more tire on there?
i would not want to play with you in the twisties that's for damn sure!

___Scott___

I've found that we get a poor turnout when we schedule an autocross on Mother's Day. It did look like fun though.

gtfour77

brophats":1udy289m said:
what tranny are you using? lsd?

Demetrius

Nope, it's actually a 165 trans. I am just trying really hard trying to keep all four tires on the ground to maximize traction....I know an LSD would be owesome though.... Maybe later next year... :wink:

Josh, after talking with a friend of mine (possible co-driver) we might possibly, maybe make it to the nationals. But that will depend on whether I can get the car built before then (more suspension tuning and more reliable power with even better spool) and the other big part is getting the car there as I don't want to drive it that far...

maxaud

gtfour77":222n9fh7 said:
I'd love to take it to the nationals but will not want to drive it there....maybe next year after I get a truck and a trailer...we'll see...

I can hook you up with an auto transport if needed. Either really cheap or free. If you'd wanna slap a sticker on your ride for the event, that would be sweet also. Let me know, I'd be glad to help you out.

darthripley

sorry to ask since i'm sure this has prolly been answered elsewhere.. but did you remove the power steering?

we haven't been to an auto-x in...a couple of years & seeing your vids really make me wanna get out in the MR2 and have some fun.
the MR2 of course never had power steering & i'm a little nervous auto-xing a car with no power steering.
i don't wanna have Popeye arms at the end of the day :oops:

darthripley

CMS-GT4":3r53tvar said:
I think his alltrac has PS. The mr2 does not need ps IMHO.

no the MR2 does not need ps it would spoil the fun & also add unecessary weight :wink:

i'm just more concerned about having to change my whole driving style from light fluid motion on the steering wheel to really tossing the car all over the place. :oops:
i do know that starting off and doing low speed turns will take the most getting used to of all.

one more question - are the wider rims/tire combo a bigger advantage in regards to grip?

Sifu

darthripley":p7pwtt1p said:
CMS-GT4":p7pwtt1p said:
I think his alltrac has PS. The mr2 does not need ps IMHO.
one more question - are the wider rims/tire combo a bigger advantage in regards to grip?

ONLY if you are going with a stickier compound will you see positive differences with a wider setup. Otherwise no you'd mostly see negative effects.

gtfour77

My celica has the original power steering... I used to autocross a second gen. mr2 without power steering and it was great...the mr2's front end is so light that PS would only add weight IMO...
The wider wheels and tires helped a lot! I am still amazed at the amount of grip every time I autocross... I need more front spring though....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ ... ORT017.jpg