Who wants to help me pull my motor?

AWDios

So here's my plan. I've got my car stored in my grandma's garage, and plan on going out on weekends, once or twice a month, to work on getting the motor out.

I'm looking for people that would like to help, especially if you know what you're doing.

I'll provide transportation there, food and beer (or soda if you prefer) to anyone that comes and helps out. Also if you just want to learn, I think this could be a good chance for you.

So let me know if you're interested, and I'll post up and e-mail you when I plan to go out, if you're available and can help that'd be awesome.

Thanks guys!!

(Also if you want to donate money instead of a helping hand, that's welcome as well :) )

maxaud

what kinda equipment are you working with?

so by transportation there... want me to take a train or plane out?

AWDios

maxaud":s9b58o6t said:
what kinda equipment are you working with?

so by transportation there... want me to take a train or plane out?

I meant more for people on this side of the mountains, I would drive them to everett.

As for equipment, there is a full set off tools and an engine hoist. The first trip my involve taking stock of missing items we may need.

maxaud

I was joking about the plane/train thing. I hope you get it fix'd asap with no real problems. If I for some reason am in the area I will most definately help though.

brophats

hey bro i'll help just let me know when, and i've got a hoist too. just let me know i'd be glad to help out and if you want to hybrid the with a 2nd gen block i've got one of those too just hit me up.

demetrius

AWDios

The place it's at has a hoist so I'm good there.

My first step is to get it out and take it in to AMD (unless you think we could do a decent job ourselves) and figure out what the problem is and if the block is savable, then I'll figure out what I"m going to do from there.

I'm honestly thinking of finishing all my other plans for the car and drop a working motor in last.

brophats

yeah you've definitely got the right idea well just let me know when you want help. i'd be happy to lend a hand.

Demetrius

DipStick

I'm always down for some wrench time when its on someone elses dime :p I have done several Celica motor pulls / installs (including AllTrac) and even a rebuild or two! Generally, I have fridays and saturdays off, and can drive myself. Just let me (us?) know and I'll try to make it work. With the right equipment we can have the motor out in a day easy. Just remember that ziplock bags, masking tape, and sharpies are your friends, and they need to be invited as well. :D

AWDios

Awesome! Thanks Paul, I was hoping I'd get you james, ryan and demetrius, I think that would pretty much set us up for a pretty sucessfull operation.

AWDios

Nope, haven't started yet. It's possible I will be doing some work next weekend, so I'll post up if that's the case.

CodingParadox

Why multiple trips?.. You should be able to just pull it in an evening if you have the right tools. Easier to just power through and not forget where you were.

Traks

I'm back in Seattle now... I may be busy some weekends working on my place, but let me know when you plan to work on your car... You still got my Phone#???

vondoom

how did everything go? i wish i paid more damned bloody attention on these boards. i pulled my engine last summer and might have had some insight.... read, only some :)

AWDios

I actually haven't don't it yet. We decided to buy a new house, so once i Have that I'll have my own garage to do this work in, and then I'll look into it. You should check PSTOC regularly, most of the guys that are local are pretty regular over there.

I'll be sure to hit everyone up once I start thoug :D