Quad headlight conversion

Simba

They'd look decent in carbon on dark cars, but with the hella projector housings rather than those cheapass reflectors.

Don't think I'd run them. I like how the car looks with the lids closed. I could abide a lower-popping dual light conversion, though. Did that on a MkIII Supra years back.

Molding them into a CF hood with no light cutouts would be unique, as well.

theUNYTEDone

holy shit, that's exactly what i've always wondered about.
i think with a little more fine tuning in the design department, they could be awesome!!!

maybe some color-coding fiberglass/CF could make it paint match to most colors of tracs?
+1 for the housings.

Gary ST165

http://www.gt4oc.net/viewtopic.php?t=65 ... c&start=20

RaceDesign":wgnmkxd2 said:
Try these....

DSCF0643-1.jpg

DSCF0644-1.jpg

DSCF0650-1.jpg

mike325ci

i'm not feeling it... i like the poppies-- a reminder of the bygone days of motoring when cars were good. ...plus, how could you not like how this looks?
toyota_celica_gt_four_front.jpg

i mean, shiiiiieeet, a lot of us remember the glory days of celicas in WRC, and they were rockin' the poppies with pride!

you know when they switched the NSX from poppies over to the new style now (looks similar to the ones pictured above in original post)? i liked the old style better, cleaner lines...

i don't really feel these either, but this might be a good mid-way between having a pop-up but not all the way:

SW20 MR2 with Rev6 conversion:
http://www.revision6.com/forms/Product.aspx?ID=298
00.jpg

although if you were to ask me for some critical feedback on that-- i'd say make the lines cleaner-- i don't like how the circle housings' tops stick past the hoodline. also maybe putting a clear lexan type of cover on the assembly will clean up the lines more.

kinda like this MR2 (sorry for all the MR2 references, I just know them better...):
http://www.trueleo.com/flushmount.htm
fm070.jpg

also, the bottom portion of the assembly breaks the line of the front faux-cf piece-- keep the lines there...

theUNYTEDone

the neeltec car is like that first MR2 you posted.

and no, you can't beat the WRC St185...but meh, i just happen to fancy the craftsmanship of the pieces and the way they look.

knowing me, though, i won't have them... :p

muneo

It may not be your cup of tea but if you were looking to save some front end weight and not completely destroy the striking looks of the car this may be a decent compromise.

With this you could remove:

Headlight motors and wiring,
heavy sealed beam headlights,
plastic trim,
metal headlight hood covers,
Faux carbon strips,
misc brackets and screws.

Replace with:
Painted fiberglass headlight cover,
four small headlights

Thats gotta be worth 25-35 pounds of crap off the very front end of the car. True, I can personally loose the 30 pounds and offset the difference but I'd rather blame the car for being a fat ass opposed to me. :D

Tazka

That's a bad excuse to ruin your car appereal if it isn't a race car.
And i think you can remove the headlight motor's w/o replacing pop-ups with those frog eyes, all though then they would be allways popped up.

But offcourse it's your car and you do what ever you want.

Jankerfun

Has anybody seen the sunfire conversion. I have seen it on this car, but not on a stock celica, i think it would look cool with the clean bumper not a faggy body kit like this one. Any pics?

Attachments

• P1010355.jpg
    P1010355.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 60

Meurz

Omg what a waste.. I love the popups, it gives the car that unique look. Other popup styles found on Miata's or Mazda 323 F's don't look as cool as the 185 imo..

I'm curious what a Ferrari F355 style setup would look like..

If you want to change; How about this one:

Car_1_L.jpg

Car_5_L.jpg

Q-wad Lite Kit Pro
Dual 90mm Hella patternless glass units with dipped projector beam.
Price: £450

Q-wad Lite Kit Pro+
Dual 90mm Hella patternless glass units with projector dipped beam & H.I.D. High beam ballasts.
Price: £TBA

Outer Covers - Painted
Outer covers are made of GRP and painted gloss black. These can be painted to match your car colour if required at an additional cost - see below for more details.

Outer Covers - Carbon Fibre
An upgrade for the outer covers from GRP is Carbon Fiber for those who wish to stand out from the crowd (must specify on application).
The kit
All kits come ready assembled with modified lamp housings, detailed instructions and all wiring where necessary... absolutely no chopping of wires to your original wiring loom what-so-ever... plug & play at its best!
Fitting Service
We offer a full fitting service if you're not quite up to the job for an additional cost.

* A £100 surcharge will be added to the total price and refunded upon receiving your old popup units. Your painted tops will be returned to you on the lamp housings we modify, thus it's up to you to safeguard the parceling of your lamp units to us in 100% condition. Your popup headlights MUST be in A1 condition for us to use.

NOTE: Each kit is made to order and delivery is approx 2 weeks
Q-Wad Lite kit Pro £450
Q-Wad Lite kit Pro+ (HID Highbeam) £TBA
Covers painted to match your car £40
Carbon cover, pair £TBA
Fit Q'wad Lites to your car (half a day) £100
Surcharge on your old lamp units until we receive them £100