Finally installed my Carbon Fiber CS hood (pics)

illGT4

theUNYTEDone":1herqhr1 said:
wow. so they've cleaned up their act as far as the one year wait of old goes?

Yes, but they don't wish to deal with the general public. (direct sales)

RedCelicaTRD":1herqhr1 said:
So how did you order it? Did you call them up and say I want the pain in the ass hood for the 90-93 Celica? Kinda sucks they dont list it on their website.

I called them on the phone. :)

Their website is being redesigned. Other than that- I have no idea.

Toxygene

If they don't want to deal with the public then how about if 935 deals with us for them? I wonder if that would work out better.

I take it they simply want to do business to business transactions.

turbo4wd

I dont know if Rob is willing to pay for 10 hoods if there aren't 10 buyers with cash in hand.. He's not big on holding parts in inventory with no buyers..

Toxygene

I read their dealer application and they have a jobber status where the dealer can purchase one at a time. I wonder if they would have issues with him doing that?

BAD VIBE

so yeah im about to sell my shitbox 89 integra for $700 guess wht i want to spend it on :)

any progress on a group buy or any sort of better pricing at all?
it seems like single people arent having much trouble getting a hood right?
but if it could be less than 700 id be happy as a little girl, oh and my mom wants to give me $300 towards it too so theres my shipping covered and enuff left over to get her detailed :)... the alltrac not my mom

illGT4

If someone wants to step up and purchase 10 or more hoods, there is a discount.

Otherwise they are full price.

I wouldn't bother with it as the profit is not there. It's a big investment for little to no return.

If you want one I would just call and see if they will sell you one.

I believe I may have purchased the last one they had on hand. :) :evil:

Traks

illGT4":30f08hao said:
If someone wants to step up and purchase 10 or more hoods, there is a discount.

Otherwise they are full price.
:evil:

But how do you go about ordering one if they don't deal with the direct public? I don't mind paying full price, I just want to order one.

illGT4

I got more of a "didn't want to" than a "won't do it".

Pick up the phone or shoot them an email. :shrug: I'm not sure if anyone is currently distributing that item.. but may as well just order from the maker if possible. Can't hurt to ask.

illGT4

Seems like there are a lot of people in this thread alone that would buy one at full price. How many people are going to throw in $700 and wait patiently for 4-8 weeks though?

Maybe someone create a new "list" of FULL DEPOSIT" names and see how many you could really get. A speedy group buy/ kitty. Perhaps someone would step up and take control of it.

It's certainly worth the $700. I was told they have no problem drop shipping from them to the purchaser. So that cuts out extra shipping cost.

if it winds up being possible to group buy with half up front, i would be in.

i can't divvy out 900 bucks though...but i'll have more money in a month or so...

5S-FE

Toxygene":1n80jy1k said:
I still say, that we need to drum up interest with those who drive regular Celica GTS's and such. Someone ought to feel out a few other Celica forums.

Like me! :D

masco

personally this is the only carbon fiber hood i would consider buying. It is the only accurate looking CF hood I've seen. but i agree, we should round up all the 5th gen guys as this hood should fit all 5th gens.

Sifu

Should we start another thread since Griffin is probably getting bombarded with post replies? I for one would like one.

Toxygene

Man, I would love to have one but I can't do it until after my Wedding in November. Saving up for that. Afterwards, I'll be free and clear to pick up one of these.