June 23rd Meet in Dallas, TX CANCELLED

toayoztan

So, i was talking with Keri (Darth Ripley) about an alltrac meet in Dallas on June 23rd. That gives a month notice from now. It's on a Saturday. There are no concrete plans as to what we will be doing, as far as picnic, parking lot, cruise, etc.

But we need an idea for who can make it and who's available for that day to meet up? Let's hear your responses!

Bryan

darthripley

Joe & I of course will be there with our alltrac running this time :D

it would be great if you could make it up TexasAlltrac :)

maroon_185

i should be able to make it, probably not in the alltrac since its currently not running, but i'll come in the scion.

Highway

keep me posted where and when, I'll watch this thead....

probably not in my alltrac, (in storage) we'll see... :shrug:

toayoztan

Okay looks like this has to be moved to the 24th on Sunday for me. Is this okay for everyone? I won't be able to make it til that date. If you guys still want it on the Saturday, no biggie, i'll just have to meet up another time.

Let's hear what you all have to think!

Bryan

toayoztan

Alright, two days guys...what's the status with your cars, and can you make it? I'm traveling from OKC, gas isn't as cheap these days, so i'd really like to make this to have a few alltracs show up, it'd be pretty nice.

Let's hear back from you!

Bryan

TexasAlltrac

toayoztan":1or8pm1h said:
Alright, two days guys...what's the status with your cars, and can you make it? I'm traveling from OKC, gas isn't as cheap these days, so i'd really like to make this to have a few alltracs show up, it'd be pretty nice.

Let's hear back from you!

Bryan

I decided to change the steering rack while the motor is out, but that arrives this week and then the motor is back in. After that, I have to pass inspection and get it aligned which will probably burn another day.

Then the hollow DP goes back on, the boost gets up to 12psi, and the BOV goes VTA. I also have to install the FCD and turbo timer which scare me as I hate messing with the wiring.

I am pretty sure the car will be ready in time, but if not I will probably drive my miata up there.

Unfortunately, I have the only GT-Four in Austin so I am on my own getting the car finished.

darthripley

Vadar (our ST185) is up & running for the meet this time :)

we need to get Vadar inspected also, blah :(

other than some nagging problems like a shot rear diff cushion & torn steering boot, we're good to go.
we can worry about replacing that after the meet :wink:

TexasAlltrac

I have a rear diff mount that still has a lot of life left in it. I will bring it up for you and Joe to look at and if you decide it will work for you, how does $50 sound?

darthripley

thanks for the offer TexasAlltrac, we've got Poly to fill the diff cushion with, just a matter of dropping the rear diff, gutting the cushion & filling it.
i'm just too scared to attempt it with the meet so close :twisted:

TexasAlltrac

The steering rack showed up last night and is now installed. I am going to try to get the motor back in and the car running tonight and driving later in the week. But God help me on the SMOG test. It will be a crap-shoot.

I am considering 87 octane, a 195 degree thermo, and some hot plugs just for that test.

So I am on track for the meet and will drive it up to Big-D inspected or not.

darthripley

that's awesome TexasAlltrac :D
it'll be nice to meet you & see your ST165.
i've never seen a real ST165 in person before.

i'm not sure if we'll be inspected or not either....its going to be a crap shoot for us too. :(

i'll start the list here... everyone please add to it that can make it & we can finalize where exactly to meet & when etc.

1. justjoe & darthripley (Joe & Keri) - 1990 Red ST185

do ya'll want to meet, take pics then eat somewhere or something?
unfortunately we don't have a grill & the backyard is a complete mess or else i would offer to grill up food here at our place.

TexasAlltrac

2. Todd aka TexasAlltrac. I should be there in my St165 or my Miata. My wife and 7 month old son will probably follow behind in the forester as a sag vehicle if I drive the GT4.

I am good for Sunday the 24th all day which is better for me than the 23rd. I have to take my sister's family out boating on the 23rd and would not be able to get to Dallas until that evening near dark.

Eating somewhere is fine with me, or we can drive out to Grapevine Lake which would be a good setting for pics. If I have the Forester tag along, it can haul my grill and we can do burgers and dogs.

Oh, and the motor is now on the L and R mounts and I am connecting stuff back up. Just took a break from the heat to check the boards. I still have to fabricate a mount for the fuse block and battery as I am installing a strait intake, but I will probably work till the car is done late tonight. I want to hear this sucker spool.

toayoztan

1. justjoe & darthripley (Joe & Keri) - 1990 Red ST185
2. Todd aka TexasAlltrac. I should be there in my St165 or my Miata
3. toayoztan - Bryan, 93 185

I'll be there!

Bryan

TexasAlltrac

Getting closer to being ready. I am thinking Monday will be the start-up day. It will be almost a year ago then that I started this project.

still to install: front drive axles, lower cross-members, battery install in the hatch (any cables are already run), driver's seat swap, lower dash parts, FCD, turbo timer, a mystery plug, fluids, and an alignment.

TG

darthripley

good luck on getting everything finished & started up :)

having a little cookout at lake grapevine would be fun, we could each bring a few things to contribute. :)

hopefully it won't be raining like it is this weekend :(

joe has to work a couple of 12 hour days back to back this week, so we won't have time to do anything to our alltrac other than wash it before the meet :cry:

godzilla77

I am waiting on a clutch and a powersteering rebuild kit...so if I don't run out of JB weld I should be able to meet up.