Some One Help Please Im lost need Info on turbo

A

Anonymous

I have been searching for 3 days trying to figure out if toyota ever made a turbo for the 2.2L transverse engine in the 2wd Celica's. If not I Could use some advice on locating an aftermarket turbo. Please help. :cry: Thanks in advance.

Smaay

I dont think toyota ever turboed the 5S-FE motor. but if you want to boost your celica i suggest you find a fabricator that can build you a kit. just bring him the part, ie, turbo, BOV, etc. if your in CA i recommend www.staffordfabrications.com I do some work for him and his quality is great.

Wraith

Kepster08":11kqzeyb said:
Kick ass thx a bunch guys :)

Stay away from stafford engineering... I have a few friends with some bad words about Stafford and their engineering work ....

Try going to check up on a s/c kit by rippmods or you can use a stock 3s-gte manifold from either celica or mr2 and it bolts right in ... And then you can use the ct26... But I suggest upgrading you fuel system first...

alltracman78

You can make your own kit with parts from the 3S-GTE. The manifold bolts to the 5S head, the oil pan bolts on. You will also need the map sensor, as well as some other stuff [I've never done this..}.
Also, the 3S head will bolt on to the 5S block.
I also suggest getting a 3S water pump to deal with the extra heat.

FYI, the 5s is the same engine family as the 3S, so almost all parts will bolt on.