hks ssqv high idle

903SGTE

ive just installed the hks ssqv and after installation ive found that my idle has increased from about 800 to 1200 rpm?ive checked for vacum leaks and cant find any.i have the bov recirculated back into the rubber intake hose right after the afm.

903SGTE

no nothing else. i took out the bov and capped of any hoses.the idle is still high,i cant figure it out??

alltracman78

Dunno :shrug:

Maybe check the isc valve [under the tb, yellow].
Does it always stay at that rpm? Or does it change ever, like at cold start, ect. What about with the ac on?

903SGTE

it does change when cold and a/c on.it gets up to around 1900 when cold.it just seems like it should just be a vacum leak since i was installing the bov and playing around with the intake hoses,but i dont hear it or see any other signs??

alltracman78

Sounds like something [ecu?] is raising the engine speed. Normally, if the engine is cold, or the ac is on, the isc v opens, and the idle raises, to about 1000rpms. It does this by letting air past the tb, which allows the engine to breath more, raising rpms.

Only thing I can think of right now [it's 2:30 am :p ] is maybe the tb is opend a little? :shrug: maybe disconnect the cable and see what happens. :|