weiving through traffic sucked

camry90

i never raced on the street and i think it's dangerous that's why i can't wait to start lapping. Today my friends and i, we did a lil cruise to the race track. we invited this girl from work because she would like to start lapping as well. she drove my friend's '99 Sir and she ripped it..... i tryed to follow but i didn't feel confident with my stock RC. lol i was taking the on-ramp to the freeway at 50 mph and she kept up with me :cry: i didn't want to push too much cuz my car had toe-out and lose ball-joint + unbalance wheels that shakes terrably at 105 mph don't help.... and i can't even try to keep up with her while going through traffic cuz i feel the car in floating around and i don't feel safe... man, i hope to get the suspension and steering solved soon cuz the car is too unpredictable.... i'm a shame especialy i have the most HP amounst our lil group... :cry:

just to say, it was a rush but stupid thing to to but just don't want to beat by a girl. lol... :twisted: and she's cute too :D

RedCelicaTRD

Well, just because you have more power doesn't mean you will be faster. Stock for stock the civic and your RC are probably very close in the 1/4 mile. She (or should we say he, since its your buddies car) will also out handle you no problem for the time being (and even after you get your suspension fixed). If you really want to beat this chick/dude, it's time for some upgrades.

SowndWave

Lame. It doesn't matter if she spanked you on the street....

As long as you're the one spanking her at home. :D

jlspec

My alltrac (ST185) with 7 year old TRD Springs handles much better then the 99 Civic Si (B16). When making sharpe turns or speed racing on the freeways weaving in out of lane my alltrac feels glue to the road compare to my friends Civic and Integra which feels like it's about to get blown off the road. I guess it's just your car, maybe the shocks are blown and maybe you just need to renew your suspension components.

GT4RC

Give it a while. I'm as bad or worse now weaving traffic than i was before. Mostly because its so easy to pass on the right :p

Midnightracer22

check your suspension, shocks, springs, swaybars, make sure everything is crisp, fix those problems you mentioned, also, tires will also make a difference in handling, i dont know what you are running, but that will affect handling, steering shaft play, tie rods, etc etc give everything a good once over just to make sure (never hurts to check, and you might find something you might've never noticed otherwise) if anything needs replacing, now would be the time for an upgrade (if you are going that route)

right now in my car, mazda protege5, i can rip up some turns, but not like i used to because my shocks are blown, and my tires, well lets say they arent new, so being on top of your suspension allows you to pull maneuvers that otherwise you couldnt

example: in a corner where i could hit a turn at around 80, i can only really manage at 63ish, my tires start to creep and i have more body roll than what i should :shoots:

ever drive a jeep? no? it is a walking wandering suspension oriented disaster waiting to happen, but i still love it :shrug: yes, i know totally different class of vehicle