Shifter Bushings questions/opinions

RIalltrac

So I personally feel that I have too much slop in my shifter, so to combat this I have the options to replace the factory bushings (not really sure how or if toyota sells them), the brass bushings that twosrus sells or this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW It seems like a very good idea, what do you guys think? and considering its probably the cheapest option, 15 bucks shipped, it may be worth the chance. Any educated opinions would be appreciated, Thanks guys and gals.

alltracman78

Looks interesting. :shrug:
I've got a set of factory bushings I still havn't installed like 2yrs later. :p
Dunno how much they'll change the feel.

liveXwire

I bought the speedsource ones from twosRus like 6 months ago, though haven't installed them yet. Though my roommate has them installed in his 92 gt, and I like the feel of his shifts more then mine. The 7th gen shifter in his feels a bit long now that I've had the TWM for a couple years, his is alot more solid when shifting. They definitly seem to take a good deal of the slop out of shifts. I just have to get around to removing enough stuff to get to the point to install them, sometime this spring probably. I'd definitly say they're worth the price and install time though.

tweekgt4

i just bought one of the ebay ones.

it was 15 bux... i figured it was worth a try. i'll keep everyone posted once i get them installed.

k_trac

I have the solid brass speedsource ones, and Ive had em on for almost a year. I noticed that the feel was a bit stiffer when going into each gear. I would say it was worth the investment.

CMS-GT4

I got the brass base, and linkage bushings a while ago. Made a huge difference. It will nevr be as tight as say an eclipse, but it is much better then stock.

RIalltrac

well I just got these in the mail the other day, probably wont go into the car until the first weekend of december. I'll post up my opinions once I get a chance to try them out.

edv-tek

For my car a TWM in a ST165 is mandatory, at the very least to geet rid of the BUS shifter. And I replaced the OEM nylon shifter bushings and it had a big effect. Thinking back on it I don't think brass shifter bushings would have had that much of an effect. For the value I would replace the OEM shifter bushings first(cheap). But if you are going all out racing brass will be appropriate.