FMIC blocking radiator?

CelicaGT4

I bought my FMIC about a month ago and am installing it this week. I've just been wondering if it's going to completely block air to my radiator and cause overheating. It is 28x12x3 and completely blocks my radiator horizontally and leaves about 4 in. on top of the radiator still open to air flow.

ChrisD

Air still flows through the IC to the radiator, keep in mind. So it won't be blocked from the air. However, the air will be warmer. That said, yes it does remove some degree of efficiency from your radiator's effectiveness, but I've never seen a case where it actually caused any sort of problems on a celica.

Cars often have multiple radiators lined up, A/C, WTA IC heat exchanger, tranny cooler, radiator, etc.

CelicaGT4

True, the nice thing is....I took my air conditioning out so I don't have the condensor up in front. just Front mount and radiator.

Zeus

yeah nothing to worry about really

big turbo deisel trucks have like 8 heat exchangers in the front

ac ic rad oil cooler tranny cooler ect

BraveUlysses

If your FMIC core was REALLY big and covered the whole radiator area, then it would be a cause for concern, but you should be just fine. Volvos have had FMIC for over 20 years and they usually didn't ever have problems except from hard track use.