price for ST205 brake setup

etantshi

CMS-GT4":13f9xxi4 said:
Just ordered my rear discs. ~$253 shipped for a set of rear oem st205 rotors.

Not bad. I have heard that supra discs will fit in the st205 calipers. I am going to try and verify this. Once my rotors get here in around a month, I will begin measutements so I can decide if I am going to use the 205 rear calipers or the bremebos.

Yeah, that's the rumor about the supra discs. Just need to get the rotor hats done.

Denver_whiteST185

N/A front supra disks are the right width and diameter to let you bolt on the caliper without an adapter bracket. however, the bolt pattern, offset, centerbore, etc, are all wrong. Racingbrake.com makes supra rotor rings, which is the rotor part in a two peice rotor. colman racing will make custom rotor hats.

the best idea to make 205 brakes bolt up is to get a set of rotor rings, and then get measurements done on them to get the hats done.

imo, thats the only way you should make 205 calipers fit...

lumbercis

Isn't the increased braking efficiency from the rotor rather than the caliper? If so, it seems like it's better to use a bracket since you can maintain the original rotor size.

J.

saki10man

ok........trying to keep up with this post here. The ST205 front caliper needs a bracket in order to keep the original 205 front rotor to bolt onto the 165/185? And if the supra pads fit the 205 calipers shouldnt the caliper fit also with the proper bracket? :shrug: Im sure there will be clearance issues with caliper to wheel though.

etantshi

If you're skilled enough you can make any caliper bolt on with a proper bracket. The st205 is the easiest to do given the other circumstances.

CMS-GT4

Ran across this today. Its actually posted in a russian forum, but they captured the pics in this 6th gen forum. Someone made caliper brackets for the caldina to fit 205 calipers. The info that might be useful is the measurements for the 205 end of the bracket.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?sho ... 0183&st=60

ST205FrontCaliperBracketDimensionsS.jpg

ST205FrontCaliperBracket3DRender.jpg

Candy_GTFOUR

Alright so i've been reading all this info and MANY posts to come to the conclusion i will be putting the st205 front and read calipers on my st185. Only thing now is to figure out whats the best tip people can give me as a bolting everything together point of view. I got the front and rear calipers at 350 for all four. But now obviously the bolting setup is a bit more complicated than expected. I am currently in contact with a company that makes custom rotors and all. I have a buddy who works in a machine shop so he can make me anything i want out of any metal i want. I was looking at the russian bracket it isnt dumb at all seeing as how instead of shaving off the caliper mount 1mm to fit the disc with a 4mm spacer onto st205 calipers you go reach a the perfect depth and go reach into a wider rotor. I'm just curious also on the fact i'm riding on 17" mags so i really need to take everything into consideration. In an experience point of view i find the bracket better than the shimming idea yet then i need custom rotors that fit my st205 calipers whom need to fit inside my 17" mags. anyone able to guide me a bit to accomplish my breaking project without wanting to rip my hair out? (mind you i am a high pressure welder with some mechanical knowledge but i rather have experienced opinions to push forward). Thanks

-Mathieu

quieter

you come from montreal? i realised your name is french. im currently doing the same thing, im probably going to mill down the rotors from 315mm to 306 mm, i ordered 3mm spacers and im not going to grind down the calipers because if i over do it, their scrapped. you will also need longer studs, im going to do that at last to know the perfect fit with my lug nuts. Now im trying to find a machinist that could do it

deecee

have a look at the lexus is200 rotors.

Description Dimension
Vent Vented
Diameter 296
Height 51
Thickness 32
Min Thickness 30
Centre Hole Dia 62
No of Bolt Holes 5
DBA Cat# DBA 4748

Will allow the brake to sit on the hub carrier minus a mm or so on the caliper mounting tabs, possibly a spacer behind the hat and a spacer ring on the spigot to go from 54-62mm. Will need to redrill for 5x100
Note - it's just what I have read and seen. Have not tried it out myself, but the hat height is a lot better than st205 rotors which are 58.5mm

CMS-GT4

I had considered that rotor using rav4 hubs in the 185 spindle. That would make the rotor hubcentric and not need to be redrilled.

Also on note with the rav4 hub swap. I had considered the subaru svx rotor.
Here are its specs. svx: 301/57/28/58 The issue with using it on the rav4 spindle is the center bore is 58 vs the 62. I need to look at my rav4 hub to see if I can get it machined down a couple mm. That would make rotors cheap and easy to do in the future.

My issue with any setup that bolts the caliper to the hub is my wheels hit the caliper due to their design. So I either need a new brake setup, or new wheels. My front calipers are for sale till spring, since that is when I will jump back on this project. I posted more info in my build thread of other rotor and spindle options.