Big Event and I'd like to see all of you. April 23rd 24th

etantshi

The Event is Called Bragging Rights.

It's a two day event on April 23rd and 24th.

I'd like to see all of you SE guys there whether you race, show off the car or just spectate.

Last year we had over 200 cars participate, and almost 400 spectators. This year is going to be even bigger. Last year there were many grudges that were started that need to be finished settled. Last year the title of the fastest import went to a GSX owner. He ran mid 11s. I know there are those of you who can beat that. I want to see you there.

I am on the staff of this event. If any of you want to come to spectate I will cover your spectator fee. It's a two day event, any of you are welcome to shack up with me in my apartment.

The event is located in Augusta, Georgia. Not all too far. Last year we had major players show up from VA, TN, OH and others. However the celica sect was left behind.

So far we have organized a tentative schedule.
It goes as such:

Event Schedule

Saturday April 23, 2005: All cars, trucks, motorcycles are welcome to race. Street legal cars competing for prizes, this will be your test-n-tune time.

Gates open at 9:00am
Staging lanes open at 9:45am
Car Show begins at 10:00am and all judging will end at 3:00pm
Awards for Car Show 6:30pm
Racing throughout the day
Wheel Stand Contest will be at 6:00pm
Braggin Rights Kick-off party 7:00pm under the tent
Staging lanes close at 9:30pm
Everyone must leave by 11:00pm

Sunday April 24, 2005: Only street legal cars, trucks, motorcycles allowed.
You may trailer in your vehicle but it must have a tag and/or insurance. ALL OTHERS WILL BE TURNED AWAY!

Gates open at 9:00am
Staging lanes open at 9:45am
Bikini Contest 3:00pm
Racing throughout the day
Staging lanes will close at 5:30pm
Burnout contest will be at 6:00pm
Awards will be handed at 6:30pm
Bands playing throughout the day

The awards will be as follows:

Trophies, Cash, and other prizes!

We will have raffles throughout the day for goodies. There will be a jumping bean for the kids.

Here is the pricing for BR05:

Prices for Braggin Rights 2005

Spectator: $5 a day, Children 12 and under free

Saturday Race Only: $10 driver

Saturday Race and Show: $25

Saturday Show Only: $20

Sunday Race: $20 driver

Here are some of the images that were gathered last year:

119_1962.jpg

119_1954.jpg

118_1840.jpg

118_1830.jpg

My boys nick and alan (left to right) in alans gen III SMG turbo (ran 13.0 though)

118_1829.jpg

119_1979.jpg

119_1983.jpg

The event will be located at Carolina Dragway (1/4) mile strip.

Patrick, perry, I know it's no moroso, but I'd love to see you guys and others put the mustang and GSX boys back in their place.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I have the inside track and since last year I had to sit back and watch our good name not get stood up for. If anything just come and hang out. You don't need to run or participate in the show.

Let me know if any of you are interested. There is a possibility for us to arrange lodging in hotels for those of you coming from longer distances before. This is an idea we are toying with due to others coming from VA and the like.

What do you think?

Trance4c

Hell ya.. that sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the heads up, its far enough in advance I can request off work saturday. Looks like a good time though, I'll have to see how far it is.

etantshi

Yeah, I wanted to put it out there early that way it doesn't seem like something was done half-ass at the last moment.

GT4times2

Count me in. More than likely as a spectator. Who knows what I'll be driving by then? :shrug: I may come with a group of Evo drivers.

etantshi

I've talked to you a few times over the phone, it'd be great to meet you in person. Anyone that you can bring to tag along would be awsome. Whether they race or not.

Frantz, is there any chance of getting the word out to perry and the other 'big boys' in FL? I know it's unlikely given the distance, but I'd like to see these guys take fastest import.

GT4times2

etantshi":1bcwewib said:
I've talked to you a few times over the phone, it'd be great to meet you in person. Anyone that you can bring to tag along would be awsome. Whether they race or not.

Frantz, is there any chance of getting the word out to perry and the other 'big boys' in FL? I know it's unlikely given the distance, but I'd like to see these guys take fastest import.

Im definitely up for it. It would be great to meet you as well. As for Perry and the other "big boys", that's a different story. It's like talking to a brickwall. :p On a serious note, I can try. What do I have to lose? :shrug:

AWDtoyota

This looks good...on the average how many cars show up? If I go it will probably be on saturday. How far is Augusta form Ft. Laud.?

Hey Frantz, are you still in Ft. Lauderdale? What happened to the trip or the directions to Jamsco(is that how you spell it?). I really want to check them out...is the all-trac formerly owned by Jason still there?
-PM me :wink:

etantshi

GT4times2":1vn8tdgs said:
etantshi":1vn8tdgs said:

Im definitely up for it. It would be great to meet you as well. As for Perry and the other "big boys", that's a different story. It's like talking to a brickwall. :p On a serious note, I can try. What do I have to lose? :shrug:

Yeah, it won't hurt to ask, I know it usually takes a big piece of cheese to get those mices out.

GT4times2":1vn8tdgs said:
By the way, have you been on the MR2 and other Celica boards to inform them of the event?

That's the next plan of action. I think my friend alan has already posted on the major mr2 board, but I'll check celica.net (even though I'm not all that active on that board anymore).

AWDtoyota":1vn8tdgs said:
This looks good...on the average how many cars show up? If I go it will probably be on saturday. How far is Augusta form Ft. Laud.?

Hey Frantz, are you still in Ft. Lauderdale? What happened to the trip or the directions to Jamsco(is that how you spell it?). I really want to check them out...is the all-trac formerly owned by Jason still there?
-PM me :wink:

Usually we have around 200-250 cars enter and participate, so that's not counting just the spectators. Roughly it's about 400 miles. You can do it in a little under 5 1/2 hours. If you leave early enough friday afternoon, you'll get here by friday night.

Attachments

• CAGLQPDE.gif
    CAGLQPDE.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 10

Trance4c

Hey.. that doesn't look to bad, just south of Ocala, I can do that! Even if I do have to work for part of the day, I'll head down a bit late. But I'll be there for sure!

InitialD93

The Kentucky boy is gona try to make it 8) 500 miles and 9 hours ... If they are both running ill try to bring the 185 and 165 both... ill get my dad to drive the 185 and ill drive the 165 (since it will be harsh as hell and have no interior or sound deadening)

but will definately try to make it in some way just to get to see all the celica guys.

etantshi

Trance4c":1rloolkj said:
Hey.. that doesn't look to bad, just south of Ocala, I can do that! Even if I do have to work for part of the day, I'll head down a bit late. But I'll be there for sure!

Sweet. Well it's a two day event. I'd like to see you sat and sunday, but if you want to come for just sat or just sunday, it would be great to see you.

InitialD93":1rloolkj said:
The Kentucky boy is gona try to make it 8) 500 miles and 9 hours ... If they are both running ill try to bring the 185 and 165 both... ill get my dad to drive the 185 and ill drive the 165 (since it will be harsh as hell and have no interior or sound deadening)

but will definately try to make it in some way just to get to see all the celica guys.

That's sweet. Trust me it'll be worth your while. Planning on running either st?

etantshi

How race build are we talking? I'd like to see someone take on team rush, and octane coming from columbia. They're all bringing DSMs.

InitialD93

race built we are talking (when done, stroker kit 2.2, HKS 272s, built head, forged rods and pistons, EMS, fuel system, interior stripped, 1/4 windows replaced with lexan, cruise & egr & ac & WTAIC removed, some form of turbo kit, FMIC, 2.5" or 3" turbo back no cats mufflers or resonators, coil overs, rims and tires)

but on this particular event it will be lucky to just have a new engine in it... these are long term plans.

etantshi

Gotcha. I just wanted to see someone take down the cocky ass gsx boys. At least we can enjoy the bikini competition. I will be the MC for that. If you know anyone in the area who would just like to come to see fast cars, it's only 5 bucks.

Now how do I get a hold of perry and patrick?

A

Anonymous

i'll be there

that silver Z06 in the pic that won the burn out contest last year is one of my buddies. he moved up to athens now though and just sold the Z06 as of last week.

if you remeber the club that won for most turnout, www.bigboosting.com ,
you can say i'm a member of that i guess.

i can't wait. the more all tracs there the better.

COME OUT

MetalliKAT97

I'll be there too most likely. Sounds like something I'd like to look into ....if i can manage to make it all the way out there...SC is a tad far from Daytona Beach :oops: