Bay Area All-trac meet end of September/early October

jotarokun

If anyone's interested, post, and post a date that's good for you. I'll see what works for most, and we'll figure it out.

Also planning on making this an "All-trac swap meet", as in bring parts you want to get rid of and see what people might be interested in.

:)

Akira-R

I can bring parts, but the alltrac was reg'd as non-op because I couldn't get it fixed in time to get smogged.

Toxygene

Haha, I'll be up there in November during the week of Thanksgiving for my honeymooon.... Anytime after the 19th would be fine by me... lol

yellowtuner

hey guys i know im a newbe here but ive been in the celica sceen for a while on other sites but there is going to be a big celica meet in chino hills on october 27th and i know im going and im taking both my 03 gts and my 90 alltrack. they do this every year and this is going to be my third year going and there are already 50+ celicas going to show up! i say you all should go it will be REALLY SWEET! anyone interested? :D

not12listen

bay area alltrac meet. :)

the weekend of sept 21-23 we gonna be gone.

any weekend but that one, works for the wife and i. :)

not12listen

well... napa is a far drive from SoCal...

SF has no real GOOD place for AllTracs to drive... plus, i just hate dealing with SF traffic. san jose, mountain view, berkeley or even moraga have some decent roads... :)

plus, there is a really nice park near just north of highway 24, in orinda.

but, i will NOT organize it. the last time i did, my girlfriend (now wife) spent well over $100 on food and drink, and only 5 people showed up. some people even complained about the $5 entry fee to get into the STATE OWNED AND OPERATED PARK.

heh... i'll stop now. :)

yellowtuner

Where: Grand Avenue Park at Chino Hills
1301 Grand Ave. Chino Hill Ca
http://www.chinohills.org/index.asp?NID=385

When: October 27th! Saturday!
Starts at 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

What: Celica Meet potluck, bbq, cars, football, park recreational stuff

Why: To know the celica community especially for newbies.
here is some info on the celica meet!

yellowtuner

come on guys everyone close to it should be going to this. if you have never been to a really big meet this is the one to go to! there are even people coming from other states to this meet!
THIS IS THE ONCE A YEAR MEET THAT EVERYONE LOOKS FORWARD TO!

Toxygene

Hey Yellowtuner. I think I might be interested but I think you need to start a new thread for this. These guys are like 300 miles from Chino Hills. They are in the Bay Area. Unless you plan on finding boardng for some of these people or you have a Hotel that will offer up rooms for cheap, I fear most of them won't want to make the trip down.

As for the Bay area meet... still can't do it for November?? :D

Voxtrace

not12listen":qt9zg38d said:
the last time i did, my girlfriend (now wife) spent well over $100 on food and drink, and only 5 people showed up. some people even complained about the $5 entry fee to get into the STATE OWNED AND OPERATED PARK.

That was the Sh*t thoe, Five people but quality All Tracs!
I'm down for any meet, but that location (San Pablo Reservoir) was great and if we moved it to the park down the street about 300 yards, it would have been FREE at Kennedy Grove (during the weekdays)

Not to mention there are some good Twisty down the road in the other direction. Bear Creek Road (fast) to one side of San Pablo Dam Rd and Tilden (technical) to the other side.

In any case count me in again!

1BADGT4

Hey guys. I won't be bringing mine, but I would like to throw my $0.02.

We can still get a great view somewhere around Emeryville, Berkeley, or even San Leandro Marina. I know the '2 guys come here. This would be much better since we won't have to head to SF, and paying $4 to cross the dam-bridge-that-takes-forever-to-get-done-when-they-could-replace-a-part-of the-freeway-in-days.

not12listen

as crazy as this might sound, i'd prefer to have an AllTrac meet on a really rainy day. :)

not many people will be out and about, because of the rain... but, our AllTracs wont suffer from the same ill fate as those other cars. :)

of course, that would limit our ability to bbq, but we could go to a really good eatery instead.