ST185 vs MAZDASPEED6?

Conan

...in a drag race :)
Stock for stock, the 6 is considerably faster (the Internet claims ~14sec flat) but what if it goes against a BPU CS edition? :D :shrug:

Red Rabbit

I've been waiting for someone to ask about this for a while now. The speed6 is ok but there is very little aftermarket for them right now and as they are stock they arent all that fast. A mildly modified 185 ahould take one without too much trouble. The mazda you need to watch for are the speed3's. I ended up installing on of the first speed intake and exhaust packages on one in Kentucky and they just keep moving.

Conan

Red Rabbit":2i1dujai said:
I'd say if it comes down to it just stick to your siggy
:lol: yeah, I know, but there are always limits :) I would have to document this on video... stay tuned :D

Denver_whiteST185

Red Rabbit":3b8zkeva said:
I've been waiting for someone to ask about this for a while now. The speed6 is ok but there is very little aftermarket for them right now and as they are stock they arent all that fast.

they are quick, but their problem is they are heavy (around 3600lbs) vs. the alltrac (3200). so even though they have almost a 75 more bhp, they only have a 1:13 bhp to lb rato, where an alltrac is around 1:16. but you make your alltrac have 40 more bhp (exhaust, tune, more boost), your looking at the same bhp to lb ratio. then it comes down to driveline loss, and of course the driver. im thinking an alltrac with an boost controller (12psi) and a downpipe would be neck and neck, and anything more and you'll take him.

speed 3's have a little less bhp (260ish) but they are lighter (3150 lbs) and fwd so they have about 5-10% less driveline loss (depending on driveline weight). since they shaved off 450 lbs, and the driveline loss aspect, they are much quicker, but only a good driver would be able to launch it as fast as an alltrac, even though they limit power in first and second for just that reason :)
As soon as they get traction, your at the disavantage, and they'll pull past you :D you would probably need around 280-290 bhp to take a speed3