had a run with an S2000

theUNYTEDone

Razzo":3b7g7the said:
to be honest. a 50 trim would eat any s2000 alive. Even at 10 psi

well as was discussed previously, i raped him pretty hard down low, but i can't exactly safely run my car at 8,000 RPM, which is the sweet spot-ish for honduhs. :oops:

Razzo

well considering i use to drive a sk2 with full skunk exhaust plus intake. Both cars were pretty even, considering i was only boosting 14 on stock turbo. but then again. From a dig there was no way the s2k was catching up to me. Roll was pretty even

etantshi

Put it on any sort of course and you'll see who the real winner is though. s2k would easily take an all trac.

1chewabacha1

This racing story makes me really sad.... I hate the fact that the ALL TRAC is so slow stock. Makes me really worried about the amount of work I want to put in mine but I'm sure my ALL TRAC should be able to take out a stk S2K. I know that my Daily driver could easily take it out (97 Nissan Maxima w/ light mods. 13.8@100.25 mph)

CT26 w/52 trim, clipped exhaust side,
255 LPH FP, RPS Clutch, Fid FW, FMIC, ARP Head studs, 1.2 HG, and about 18 lbs of boost. Supposedly this setup should trap over 100 mph (so it's supposed to be faster than the maxima)

This setup had better be enough to beat a stock S2K. I've spent quite alot more $$$ on this than my Daily Driver.

I don't know guys. If the All-Trac < Maxima, you guys will see me posting a pretty clean All Trac up for sale. 90k original miles, original leather seats still intact. We'll see.

vip09

1chewabacha1":1r0p1a7m said:
This racing story makes me really sad.... I hate the fact that the ALL TRAC is so slow stock. Makes me really worried about the amount of work I want to put in mine but I'm sure my ALL TRAC should be able to take out a stk S2K. I know that my Daily driver could easily take it out (97 Nissan Maxima w/ light mods. 13.8@100.25 mph)

255 LPH FP, RPS Clutch, Fid FW, FMIC, ARP Head studs, 1.2 HG, and about 18 lbs of boost. Supposedly this setup should trap over 100 mph (so it's supposed to be faster than the maxima)

This setup had better be enough to beat a stock S2K. I've spent quite alot more $$$ on this than my Daily Driver.

I don't know guys. If the All-Trac < Maxima, you guys will see me posting a pretty clean All Trac up for sale. 90k original miles, original leather seats still intact. We'll see.

The CT26 is worthless if you are looking to go fast. I would also stay away from CT26 upgrades. My alltrac with FMIC, 3" intake, and TD06 20G turbo at 12psi ran a 13.3 @ 102mph. Stock ECU, stock fuel system.

stevo27

1chewabacha1":2w1x4mwl said:

yea man if you actully wanna go fast buy a real turbo

gt35r :wink:

Insanity-74

You did well against an S2000, they are rapid cars when driven correctly and respond very well to the simplest of mods, a bud of mine has one and it can just about manage to hang on if he gets the jump on me, they are light cars that rev for ever, well into 10,000 rpm without even flinching and can easily see off a standard st185 without too much trouble. Horrible cars in the wet though....nice run.

hey boys, new guy here and to be proud owner of a GT4 RC in a couple days. Just snooping around the board and getting up to speed with your community; man its been a lot of reading the past month.

anyhow i thought i'd chime in on this interesting encounter with an Alltrac vs an S2000. My credentials, a proud past owner of an 02 S2K. From the previous posts, you guys have most of the info right. The car is more of a track car than a 1/4 miler, but, you have to be a good driver with balls and the ability to not wimp out as you see your tach flashing (built in shift light) when it is about to hit 9000 RPM. You shift anywhere below that and your robbing yourself of the sweet VTEC action. You got to use all that RPM and never short shift if you don't have to in order to squeeze all the power you can get from the car. Its also lighter and way more nimble than the alltrac so on the track it can brake way later and depending on the turn, hold 2nd gear right in the touquey sweet spot and just blast out of the corners. That's where i've taken guys. staightaway racing isn't the strongpoint of the car. a driver who doesn't know how to drive the car to its potential will not be able to be competitive in an S2K. Its not one of those easy cars to drive to its limit; but when you do....ohh boy, is it a blast. Closest thing to a race car / bike / go cart experience in a car with 4 wheels and leather interior. And that redline...its like a baby F1 car for the common folk.

93cc

My alltrac is still in the shop and I was driving my 07 Tacoma home from the gym one night and a guy in a S2000 pulled up next to me wanting to race. I wouldn't normally do it but there was no one in front of us so I figured what the hell. Anyhow... We only went 300 yards or so before we came to the next light and I smoked him. When we got to the light he was like WTF you got in that thing... I like just it just stock. ;)

Toxygene

I've driven an S2000 before and I have to say that they don't rev slowly. In fact I was driving the snot out of it and hit the rev limiter a few times because of how fast it reved up on me. I can definitely see where in the right hands it can be a force to be reckoned with. It feels like a scalpel to me. It requires the skill of a surgeon and someone with just as much experience in the field to really appreciate it's worth.

Don't get me wrong, the Alltrac can be made into a fast car and if someone pays close attention to details, I believe they can make a worthy track monster out of it. Of course you will have to modify the stock to get it to that point but then when Toyota marketed the Alltrac their goals were a bit different than what Honda had for the S2000.

Details for the Alltrac:
Weight reduction
Choosing a good limited slip
Tuning the turbo not for max power but for more useable power on a track.
Suspension pieces.

I'm sure there's more but I'd at least look at that to make it more competitive. Otherwise, if street light to street light runs are more your thing. I'm sure a big turbo will more than compensate for the shortcomings.

gt4tified

Simply put:

S2k >> designed for straight lines and asphalt corners!

GT-FOUR/Alltrac>>> designed for all corners and cna be modded for straight lines!