Video of the Celica at last Midnight Drags of the year

tjdouble07

Well one of my friends came over by my house today and gave me a video he took of my car at Rocky Mountain Raceway here in Utah for the last Midnight Drags of the season. Not my best run (definately not a pretty launch), but he got a video of me running a 12.04 @ 122.5 mph.

For anyone who cares to see, here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XxHJf2_poJw

lumbercis

Cool vid!

Now get some good tires under that thing!

Have you considered using a 2-step? I feel like with the weight disadvantage of our cars, we need to emphasize the launch advantage of the AWD. A 2-step should allow you to launch like you're being shot out of a cannon.

Keep up the good work!

J.

tjdouble07

lumbercis":8y0ilwnl said:
Cool vid!

Now get some good tires under that thing!

Have you considered using a 2-step? I feel like with the weight disadvantage of our cars, we need to emphasize the launch advantage of the AWD. A 2-step should allow you to launch like you're being shot out of a cannon.

Keep up the good work!

J.

I tried using my 2 step the day I went to Wendover, but not only would I roast the living crap out of my tires off of the line, I couldn't shift into 2nd or 4th gear using the 2 step/flat shifting. So I just turned it off and that was when I ran the 11.7 on 32 psi. I'm thinking next year with the slicks I'll try to dial the 2 step in, and also use my antilag map to spool the turbo quickly off of the line.

This winter I'm either planning on setting up the car to run on E85(set up as in replace the entire fuel system, lines and all, and run around 1400 cc injectors) or will at least set the car up to run two fuel pumps (or just one that will support my 85 psi of fuel pressure at 30 psi fuel requirement) and/or bigger injectors. Next season with slicks, more boost, probably a .82 AR turbine housing, some more tuning and a slight possiblity a small shot of nitrous, I'm shooting for high 10's... I think I'll be looking for a weld-in cage before next season... :wink:

Anyone know where I would be able to find an off the shelf weld in for our cars? :|

1chewabacha1

Sweet. Soon you'll take the fastest ALL-Trac Title. gotta beat a low 10.2@139 mph I believe? Well if you do get the fastest All-Trac title you can only keep it until I take it from you! Lol...

tjdouble07

1chewabacha1":1vcdheii said:
Sweet. Soon you'll take the fastest ALL-Trac Title. gotta beat a low 10.2@139 mph I believe? Well if you do get the fastest All-Trac title you can only keep it until I take it from you! Lol...

I don't think I'll be that fast. LOL! I'm just shooting for high 10's.

tjdouble07

RedCelicaTRD":3h6541cp said:
You better do some good mods! That CRX almost had you! 8)

I know! it's amazing what a competely gutted CRX with a little type R swap can do! :p

Just wait till I'm running E85 buddy... Not only 600 WHP on "pump" gas, but I'll be helping the environment at the same time! :lol:

1chewabacha1

tjdouble07":1ry9hdc0 said:
Just wait till I'm running E85 buddy... Not only 600 WHP on "pump" gas, but I'll be helping the environment at the same time! :lol:

Lol, or you could just give me your car to me and commute through mass transit. That would help the environment even more!

tjdouble07

Puffy":27qfldpe said:
tjdouble07":27qfldpe said:
I'm "just" shooting for high 10's.
you make it sound so easy.... LOL

I didn't realize who you were at the time you replied to my post last month, but are the the Puffy with the 500HP st205 who ran that 10.95? If so, congrats on running 10's yourself man.

So yeh, I have my new fuel system components either in hand or on order (got my twin walbro 255 pumps, waiting for my speed source top feed rail and 1600cc injectors to come in, just looking for -8 fuel line... Maybe I'll even try and run 1/2" ID steel hard lines, if I can find a source to buy the line... ) and have found a company who sell slicks at a reasonable price that I'll be ordering soon. Just need to get my new turbine housing and my RC hood on order and I'll be just about ready for next track season. I'll be honest... I'm looking forward to seeing what the car will do at the track next season on a C16 tune and more boost with the bigger turbine housing. :)