What needs work on your alltrac? (LA area)

lumbercis

Good timing dude!!! Solarinsocal aka fucking rad dude has been coming out all the way from Ontario and helping/instructing me this week to install a rebuilt turbo and downpipe. So I'm finally getting my hands dirty and getting my alltrac in shape. After this I just need to install new brake components and I'll be ready to rock.

He's in the middle of restoring his 'trac for offroad/track fun. We're going to try to get our cars ready for the mr2 track day that's coming up. Where I am going to try to learn how to drive. :twisted:

But seriously man, you have to come out and meet solar. With us three working together we can have alot of fun and have awesomely running cars.

Shit, I'm getting effin' excited again!!! :evil:

J.

muneo

Perfect! I've put back my rebuilt turbo and DP on before. Hands Dirty? What doesnt get dirty is more the question.

Can I work on a 64 mustang at your place. I have to replace the tranny pan on it cuz its leaking like a mutha and swap out the thermostat.

lumbercis

You own a '64 mustang??? Weird, I didn't take you for a mustang guy.

Okay, just don't spit chewing tobacco all over my driveway. :nono:

But seriously, it's okay to do it here, but keep in mind that my driveway is gravel, not concrete. It's not the easiest surface to work on as I've discovered recently. I think we ought to go to the hardware store and buy a 6x4 plywood sheet to put under the car so at least we have a solid working surface.

J.

Toxygene

Because house prices are crazy!!!

But Seriously, I used to live in Long Beach until I met my Fiancee. Now I'm stuck out here. I have a few things to fix on my Trac but it will have to wait until after my wedding.

Good luck on the repairs guys!

muneo

Its technically a 64 1/2 since they stopped production and called them 65s after they started up again shortly after. As much as I love high revving and turboed imports, you just cant deny the appeal of a carbuerated small block. No AFM, no ECU, no injectors...just a carb and a motor.

Gravel might work out better since tranny fluid will be spilling out into your driveway anyways :D . Of course I am a friend to the environment so a tarp or oil blanket might be helpful.

I just put in the order for Mustang parts this weekend. I should get them in by next week...hopefully

lumbercis

Think we can get it done in a day? Then sure, sunday should be fine. I wanted to install my midpipe on Saturday. Hopefully I won't run into any snags or there will be two broken down cars in my driveway. :lol:

J.

lumbercis

I've got all the basics on tools. One big floor jack. 2 large and 2 small jackstands. All my tools are metric though, so if we need SAE tools, you'll need to bring them.

I'm getting a late start on my midpipe install, so if I'm not done by tomorrow, you may need to help me finish up. So come early!!!

For anything else, give me a call as I'll be away from my computer the rest of the day.

James
818-274-7673

lumbercis

Muneo

Well, the midpipe install would have went smoothly if I had actually been sent an ST185 midpipe. Unfortunately, it was short by about a foot. I guess its an ST205 MP. Anyway, cars back together sans 3" midpipe.

Come early anyway as I have some studying to do in the afternoon.

J.

muneo

I'll give you a call tomorrow. How early is early? If its too early, we could always reschedule for next week

muneo

Thanks for the working space James! Next time we have work on a saturday so we can go to that Pho place we drove past. I filled the hydraulic pump with fluid and it worked like a charm!. It took an entire bottle of brake fluid...

lumbercis

^Cool! Glad it's working for you. No more "manual" softtop.

Lets have a "brake party" next.

@solar: car feels good, but this midpipe is killing me. It's like I can FEEL the bottled up POWA! But seriously, I took the stocker off and looking at it, I wondered how any air got throught the thing at all. It looks crushed in some places.

Besides that, I really need to get a BOV on there. It's got some stuttering problems when going on/off throttle. I'll get an adapter hose soon and slap the HKS on there.

I also need some kind of insulation to put on the intercooler piping because it is actually physically touching the downpipe. That can't be good. But there is no way to move it around so the DP doesn't touch the IC pipe. They just weren't designed to work together. If I wasn't so cheap, I'd look for a W/A setup. Although I kind of like having easy access to my spark plugs. Everythings a trade off I guess.

But on the upside, car is like 90% there!

J.

solarinsocal

Cool deal. Yeah, too bad about the midpipe. If your car is stuttering, there's got to be something else going on. Vacuum leak somewhere is my guess. The Alltrac Previa is becoming somewhat of a reality here. You can help me with the lift if you want! :evil:

lumbercis

Sure, just give me call. You know if you can fix a Previa, you can fix anything.

We'll get a picture at the Central Cal beach meet of the the Previa powering through a corner, dirt flying from the wheels. It'll be everyone's wallpaper after that. :lol:

J.