Alltrac vs Random Chevy truck

WarTowels

I was joy riding yesterday evening, when this pulls up behind me on a one lane road. It's mildly dark out, and he was riding my behind.

So as the road turned into a double lane he went to pass me. (I was in third gear) I stepped on the gas, WOT. Gauge went up to 8PSI as always and the truck just passed me with what seemed like no effort. :cry:

Guess I should have gone into second...

Car pulled pretty decently, no more chugging and sloppy boost now that I've replaced some hoses. But unlike my 93' GT, which WOT feels like it's putting forth every drop of power it has, the Alltrac feels... like it has so much more to offer.

I don't think anything is wrong with the car causing it to be slower, it's certainly faster than my GT, but just feels like it wants more boost and some 3" exhaust. =)

Anyway, the "race" was so bad I don't think the Chevy even knew I was trying to race him. Oh well.

-Towels

tjdouble07

Well man, looks like it's time for you to turn up the boost. :wink: The first mods I ever did when I bought my car were get a FCD (actually I went the cheap $1.00 zener diode route), 3" exhaust DP back, and turned the boost up to 14 psi... Makes a world of difference over stock and isn't too hard or expensive. [/quote]

WarTowels

I don't know what type of truck it was other than Chevy, and looked newer.

I'm still doing maintenance work, I think my first performance mod will be 3" turbo back.

-Towels

alltracst185

ya when i hit 14psi it's a night and day difference with the new turbo,

to get back on subject maybe your stock turbo has had it and time for a new one. :wink:

lumbercis

You guys stop making him feel better! Towels, you should be ashamed losing to a TRUCK and a DOMESTIC one at that! Now go get thee a boost controller and don't come back until you find that guy and redeem your honor.

:evil:

J.

WarTowels

Oh I know. It's defiantly time to go. 208,000+ miles on, Toyota strong! Kinda just want the engine to not die on me though.

I have no idea what kind of turbo I'd get if I wasn't broke as... heck.

People seem to like the GT35... or something. This summer I will be getting 3" turbo back, and a boost controller and then hopefully she'll have some more balls.

My friend just got an 02' RSX Type-S (Exhaust, supposedly headers) so I need to take that down... as it will defiantly eat me alive right now.

-Towels

smog7

its alright towels, im in your shoes.... sucks not being able to buy mods when all of my spare money goes to the things that brake!