ASI Radiators: Pics P.16; Info P.17 & 18

A

Anonymous

Rick89GTS
thank you :)
we now waiting for the sample radiator,then we could forward this arrangement ASAP.

daveryan

Do you all make one for the ST185's? Short attention span, can't remember. I must be losing it!

The original ebay link is for the ST185.

Also, I have the 40mm Golpher and it pushes the fan shroud into the stock turbo - the shroud has to be bent a little. This ASI rad is even thicker at 56mm! Aftermarket fan may be required. :shrug:

Rick89GTS

^Good point. We should measure the ST165 radiator clearance to ensure a proper fit.

Kevin: do you have other core sizes smaller than 56mm? The factory one is about 32mm.

88st165

i also am concerned about fitment b/c with the twin entry swap it locates the turbo closer to the rad that i had to use an aftermarket slim fan on the stock rad..... so if i bought this and it didnt fit i would be sad :cry:

but then again i can put it in my other 165.... 8)

Rick89GTS

Kevin from ASI has informed me that they have 3 core sizes:
42mm, 52mm and 56mm.

Since OEM core size is 32mm, I'm thinking we go with 42mm to avoid any fitment issues. Any thoughts?

gpmarzan

Man, where was the thought of an upgraded intercooler last winter? I spent $300 getting the stock rad from 935motorsports and I just dumped my old rad right away. :doh:

___Scott___

86turboswap":3tfr8rq9 said:
Ok this is retarded someone needs to step up with the stock radiator.
I saw the thread earlier but, since I had a new radiator custom built a while back, I haven't paid much attention to it lately. I was sure someone in need of a ST165 radiator would step up with a donor. Since that doesn't appear to be happening, I'll offer one of mine. I have two with cracks in the top tank. I don't have time to mess with shipping, so if someone local is interested in taking care of that, PM me and we can arrange either a pickup or dropoff.

Dracov

I'm a little far, but I might be able to manage shipping the radiator in a couple weeks (funds way too tight at the moment)

Rick89GTS

I'm still on this project; just waiting to hear back from one or two people.
Some up-front postage costs and time issues but hopefully we can have it worked out in about 2 weeks(?).

monkey8oi

Hey guys, just happen to see this thread today and boy am i interested. I actually have two st165 radiators due to the extra st165 i bought as a parts car. Just e-mail me at ng_jeffrey_007@yahoo.com with the address and costs to ship to the address and i can get this out asap. Just want to make sure that i can get my money back somehow when i order the new aluminum radiator from ASI. Let me know guys.

Rick89GTS

Jeffrey, sent you an email, CC'd it to Kevin Wang at ASI Performance.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks for donating a sample radiator, it's appreciated by all of us :D

monkey8oi

I have the radiator ready and boxed. Has anyone sent it already? i dont want to send mine if it's already been sent. Let me know. I'll be sending this out on monday from work.

Rick89GTS

Jeff,
I haven't heard back from the other dude I was talking with, so we'll go on the assumption he has not acted yet. (He said he needed a few weeks.)
Let Kevin know the details so he can discount you back the postage cost on your order.

Mail it out Monday as you've planned. If I hear otherwise, I will contact you immediately. If you wish, PM me your telephone number, just in case.

Thanks for getting it together so quickly, awesome work.
Can't wait for this to get rolling! :D

Thanks, Rick