SPOTTED dark st165 going east on 80 just west of US45

zak062

THAT WAS ME!!!!! i was picking up a buddy from the army heading down to 57 from 355... plus i wanted to drive down the new 355 extension since it opened two days previously. I was hauling ass cause i was late.

wait a minute....I'VE BEEN SPOTTED, holy shit..... did you like my car??? with the open DP and all... lol

you should of flaged me down.

88st165

you drove on the highway with open d/p?!

man i though i was crazy driving with open midpipe to iowa (acctually open m/p for 2 years now) but open d/p would be obnoxious! i know i tried it too haha.......

88st165

haha yeah im also partially deaf after a long drive.... i dont mind the noise as much as the exhaust fumes!

Celicatuner92

open downpipe is crazy loud. when i go out with my friends halftrac that also runs open dp its absolutly nuts.

it does tend to scare away the less moded cars in my area tho

88st165

my friend ran open d/p on his mr2t for a while but he has a greddy 20g... i do have to admit that his car sounded awsome... like a freakin jet... but the ct turbos w/ open d/p sound not so good...

zak062

i'd rather have an exhaust on my car cuz i love the deep tone the 3sgte gives off with it. But thats too much money for me right now cuz of the holidays.

88st165

well if you are interested i might be selling my ssac 3" twin tip catback exhaust, b/c its too quiet imo...

3sgtenavyman

5SpeedGT4 had no cats and 3" piping from the 2 3/4" down pipe back to a straght through 3" muffler it wasn't that bad we went from lincoln to KC a few times

alltrac.jpg

zak062

3sgtenavyman":x7w04j2m said:
5SpeedGT4 had no cats and 3" piping from the 2 3/4" down pipe back to a straght through 3" muffler it wasn't that bad we went from lincoln to KC a few times

alltrac.jpg
Not bad, got anymore pics of your exhaust system? I wanna get an idea of what to do when i make my own exhaust system.

88st165

its just a striaght shot from the midpipe under the axle to the muffler.... you could prob get that done fairly cheap.... i never really liked the slanted to the side muffler mounting b/c i mainly see that on some riced out crap but it looks good on that 165 along with the muffler style.... i personally am waiting to finish my exhaust that just dumps right before the rear crossmember.... i wanted a side exit but ill try making that in the summer...

Celicatuner92

i am currently working on my under diff exhaust for my 185. i have had 3" back to the axle section where the previous owner stoped the 3" and it had a nice deep tone that i liked alot.

killer_siller

haha! i actually heard you before i saw you! and i was in an LMTV! those things are LOUD!!!

i had to spend the rest of the trip explaining to my passenger how awesome it was that we got passed by a gt-four.

and i saw a darker st185 like the next week!

zak062

killer_siller":355qcx9b said:
haha! i actually heard you before i saw you! and i was in an LMTV! those things are LOUD!!!

i had to spend the rest of the trip explaining to my passenger how awesome it was that we got passed by a gt-four.

and i saw a darker st185 like the next week!

Ha, i remember seeing those. Did your passanger even know wut a alltrac was?