Chicagoland meet

zak062

im definatly still interested in something over the break. Then maybe a bigger meet in the spring like bloodmoney said

jprine01

I'm down, my car is still all over maybe by spring it'll be running, but I'll show up in something heh :shoots:

FastTrac

Well I'd be interested, I'm coming from the Council Bluffs, IA area. So this is actually the closest alltrac meet I'd ever be able to think of going to. Keep me posted. But my car is in pieces right now. I'm doing a full rebuild. Something later in the spring would be ideal, meaning I won't really have my car up and running until then.

killer_siller

the problem with my property is that it took me all freakin' day to dig out yesterday! with the tractor!

it's actually pretty crowded w/ the barn now. i've got an '88 Z31, two aw11's, and the FA5

yeah, i'm up for a meet. as long as i leave my wallet at home. i've been drooling over trac's again...this is a bad thing.

88st165

hey whats up jeff? havent posted here much anymore.... oh man i bet your yard was impossible to get out of after that big snowfall.... how bout a spring time meet at your place? just picture 5+ alltracs in your backyard! :shock:

btw hows the mr2 going?

killer_siller

i actually got our 4 wheel drive tractor stuck trying to shovel all that snow!

if i could get 5 gt-fours in one place i don't care where it is!

the black MR2 is actually in two pieces right now and on it's way to the scrap yard. i bought another chassis from kevin, if you know him, he was at the mr2oc meet. when i got done stripping the black one it was still too heavy to carry out w/ the tractor, so we cut it in half and took it out in two pieces.

the other chassis is in the process of a full race strip. it's going to be a while, but the end always justifies the means. i'm shooting for weighing less than 2k lbs while retaining the dash and heat functions.

the engine is also in rebuild status down at speed-source. we're going to have some fun with it (*cough* procharger *cough*).

how are the tracs treating you?

88st165

red one is good, your old one is still in surgery, plenty more rust repair needed to be done.... in all honesty with the plans you had for it when you owned it i dont think it would have held together... maybe for daily but not for any agressive driving.... start with a better shell if you are going to do it again...

whats the plans for the mr2? track use mostly or street/track type of deal? procharger would be sick on the blacktop! i cant wait for another ride...

killer_siller

haha, are we going to talk about the meet?

my plan is strict streetability: no pillow ball mounts, no solid mounts, streetable springs and struts. it's getting a full race strip, though. which is why i'm starting with the chassis i am. you'd laugh if you saw it. it's in pretty bad shape, but there's no rust!

that's sad about the trac. you should have seen it before it sat. i wish i'd put it in proper storage rather than leaving it in uncaring hands.

88st165

you dont have to worry about the trac its in good hands now, haha... i cant wait to see the mr2 done, whats the predicted date of completion?

anyway back to the topic... maybe we should shoot for a date in the spring... anyone have any preferences? march?, april?, may?

killer_siller

no date yet for the mr2. still working the $$$ issue.

you shoot that late and you might as well shoot for the speed-source barbecue.

why don't we do a meet sometime soon, and plan for the speed-source meet in spring.

88st165

yeah i plan on making it down to the speed source meet this time if it doesnt conflict with my autocross schedule like last time.... ill try and talk my buddy to come along w/ his mr2t...

when you say soon, how soon is soon?

zak062

killer_siller":29fysfj4 said:
zak062 started the thread...

goddamn i did... i dont know chicago THAT well to pick a place. You choose st165, im not gonna be picky. (tuesdays, thursdays, and sundays are best for me)

88st165

the bad thing is that we are all spread out so somewhere in the middle will be difficult to find....

jeff, do people still meet up at rt41 and rt30? im going to guess not at this time of the season but i know you did go up there alot didnt you?

killer_siller

i haven't been up there in a bit b/c i've been working in joliet, staying in a hotel...

that i'm aware of they are down for the season.

what about woodfield? we can book the room @ gameworks or something.

being that we all own(ed) all-tracs, we're used to driving to meet people.

here in 2/3 weeks i'll have a garage over in kankakee that's insulated w/ power and all that...