camry alltrac 3sgte swap

CAMRYGT4

So its been a long time since I posted on this site but the swap is finally done, ok the swap was finished in July.

This is a list of mods done to the car. 3sgte swap, ATS racing throttle body adapter, cold air intake, NGK iridium spark plugs, ARP head studs, Greddy Profec B boost controller, Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, TRD spark plug wires, TRD steering wheel, TRD shift knob,custom intercooler with custom plumbing, 3 in down pipe, full 3 in mandrel bent exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 17 in Motegi wheels with 215/40/17 BFGoodritch g-Force T/A KDW-2 tires, sprung hub six puck stage 3 clutch, cross drilled and slotted rotors, custom stainless steel braided brake lines, polyurathane control arm bushings, custom spring and sleeve kit, car lowered 2in(all my picts were taken before the car was lowered), strut tower brace, HID head and driving lights, Alumapro sub, Pioneer DVD navigation system, leather interior, revers glow gauges, battery relocated to the trunk. I think thats it.

I attached some pictures but there are a lot more in my gallery.

Attachments

• 04-25-07_1543.jpg
    04-25-07_1543.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 944643119_1862e05763_o.jpg
    944643119_1862e05763_o.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 136

CAMRYGT4

GMan":3mxcfdn5 said:
How is the car running ?
Nice to see another AT project completed. :D

The car runs great! I drive it to work almost every day. It drives really well, in fact it came out better than I had hoped. The only bad thing is it gets 17 MPG instead of 28 but it was worth it.

zblu81

I like it! If I could find a rust free one in Michigan I would start my own project.
Did you use the Celica transfer case or the Camry one? Was the Camry originally a 5-speed? I had a FWD 5-speed Camry that had a much higher 4th and 5th gear.

I think you'd see a good increase in power with a better intercooler set up.
It doesn't look like you'd get much flow over it the way it is in the pics.

CAMRYGT4

zblu81":j2ylfc1v said:
I like it! If I could find a rust free one in Michigan I would start my own project.
Did you use the Celica transfer case or the Camry one? Was the Camry originally a 5-speed? I had a FWD 5-speed Camry that had a much higher 4th and 5th gear.

I think you'd see a good increase in power with a better intercooler set up.
It doesn't look like you'd get much flow over it the way it is in the pics.

Yes the camry was originally a 5-speed and the transfer case is the camry unit with the locking center diff.
The intercooler isn't bad but it isn't great, it has a big fan under it that helps. I was going to put louvers in the hood but right now Im trying figure out how to put in a front mount with out loosing my AC, but the AC may have to go.

CAMRYGT4

etantshi":pe2cs2e0 said:
That's not bad. You could always make a side mount instead of a front mount.

A side mount intercooler was the plan from the start but there wasn't any room. However I was able to fit my air filter down there. The other option is to modify an Accord body kit. All the body kits for this year Camry look like garbage.

BlaznToyo

Nice CAMRY ALLTRAC, very clean looking...i have an 88 that i just bought as my project car. Did you rebuild the your AWD tranny?

CAMRYGT4

BlaznToyo":263c6ql1 said:
Nice CAMRY ALLTRAC, very clean looking...i have an 88 that i just bought as my project car. Did you rebuild the your AWD tranny?

I didn't rebuild the transmission but I should have. I'm going to put forged internals in the engine next month and I will rebuild it then. The trany works fine but it has 180000 miles on it.

BlaznToyo

yah thats a lotta miles...as for a repacement, why u didn't use a 185 tranny? didn't it come with the engine? or you wanted to keep the center diff locking feature of the Camry tranny.

CAMRYGT4

BlaznToyo":12zhopvh said:
yah thats a lotta miles...as for a repacement, why u didn't use a 185 tranny? didn't it come with the engine? or you wanted to keep the center diff locking feature of the Camry tranny.

I do have the celica trany and I may use it but I need an st185 rear diff and different front shafts. The locking center diff really only makes a difference in the snow, so its nice but I dont have to have it.

ride_child

So I have an 91 Camry alltrac that's an auto and I'm gathering info for a swap. We're you able to use your stock harness for the swap or was the wiring completely different? I haven't decided if I want to go with a st215 gte or a st215 beams, so I'm getting info on both. Thanks!