Its Dead in here!!!

Gino Merlot

Hey Gary,
Man that is terrible news,because I can't stand Drifting at the Nopi events. Why would Palm Beach cancel all that Racing? Well I hope that means you will be attending Orlando Speed World for Battle of the imports later next year,and Bradenton for other events.
HIN is a waste of my time as well,Real Cars don't even get credit anymore and that pisses me off,a guy that has 150 hp with more show and rice will gets more attention,trophies,and sponsers then somebody with 600 hp fully built that looks great and runs 10s...
Well the good thing is,me and 5 other performance shop owners in Central FL are organizing a Dyno, slash Car meet sometime early next year maybe February.
It will be mostly Toyota's,and Nissan's,you will have your Evo's and Sti's,Talon's and maybe few selected other Cars that would be a attraction to see on the Dyno and show. I am sure we will have over a hundred Cars.
I will have another sit down with these guys sometime in the next 2 weeks to discuss the final location for this Event.
I will keep all you guys posted on this one,I will let every Forum know when this event takes place,such as NewCelica.org,Mr2 Forums,Supra forums,240Sx forums,and this forum too. I know lots and lots of people with high performance stuff so getting everybody togeather is easy,plus help from other shop owners as well.

Attachments

• New Carbon Fiber Hood.jpg
    New Carbon Fiber Hood.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 21

Gino Merlot

Also I wanted to say that the pic that I left in my previous post is my 02 GT-S. Thats my daily driver. All BPU's and it runs high 13s all motor.
I am still working on my GT-Four as everything is rebuilt and custom,I am putting the shell back togeather. I have a ST 205 Rear end for it not' to methion everything else for it as well. The motor is fully built for a Drag setup,2.2 stroker,with the 2jz-gte oversized valves and full Drag port. T-66 Turbo,Microtech stand-alone with a custom Water to Air intercooler setup from Spearco. The ice chest is a Utility sink from Lowes,it will hold like 10 lbs of ice. I could put my sandwitches and beer back there LOL.
As soon as I start getting more things in the Car I will take some picture and document some more work on the car. When it runs we are looking somewhere in the 600 hp + range for it. I know with the tuning and time it can be down.

Gary

Always good to hear the progress. :)
How many Toyota do you have?
I think you are missing an MR2 to complete the line up. :lol:
I've stopped going to HIN years ago.
Different crowd, more show and no go.
The stick GTS is pretty quick.
I was gonna get it for a daily driver back in 2001 but it's a bit too small for us. :(

Gino Merlot

Yea maybe someday I will have a MR2,But not anytime soon,Actually after I finish My GT-Four this coming year. I want to buy a cheap AWD Eagle Talon,like a 91 and strictly Race it off road in Dirt Rally Racing, I will turn it into a Rally Car heheh. I will do Cheap BPU's Suspension,Tires and turn up the Boost. That will be down the road thou.

Gino Merlot

Hey Gary,
Also I don't know if its you or not,but my friend Collin said he talked to a Gary about swapping his Car for a Mr2 Turbo that needs work down in the Palm Beach area.
?????

GT4times2

Not much going on in South Florida. Everyone is dealing with families, careers/work and their daily grinds. The Alltracs are getting there slowly, but surely. All events have been cancelled as Gary stated. We were all going to meet at Moroso this month, thinking there was going to be an event. Im not into the drifting thing either, it's on the poseurish end. (Sorry Drifter fans :p ). It has reached ricer status, plus never considered it a real motorsport, just side entertainment. Hopefully we can do something interesting in 2008. Be it a meet at the track, a BBQ in some park or a Dyno shootout. I havent done much carwise lately, so Im overdue for some action.

By the way Gary, is Chad the one that owns the white Alltrac that was at Moroso, or was that Todd? Just confused, as I've never met neither one.

Gino Merlot

Hey Frantz,
I own a lot of Toyota's. My GT-Four has not ran since 05. It will run in 08 thou,It maybe one of the meanest Street Legal GT-Four ever put togeather,the Car is going to scare the S**t out me at first. The head is all custom,we used 2jz-gte oversized valves in my 3s head,it very tight in there. I think I have a pic. I had a full race port done to the head,I did not care about streetability. Well,I already stated everything else in this section, I also have a Carbon Driveshaft too hehe.
I hope too meet a lot of you guys soon,I have met Gary and Pat C. Its been awhile since I have seen you guys. I hope I can get some meetings going soon. I can't show my GT-Four off yet,but I can show my 02 Celica GT-S,and Corolla XRS. My Celica GT-S is consisted high 13s All motor. The Honda guys love that car LOL. Its only a BPU Car too.

Attachments

• Head.jpg
    Head.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Head 2.jpg
    Head 2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Intake Manifold.jpg
    Intake Manifold.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 10

GT4times2

Sweet pics. That will be one mean car. What color is it? Are you in Central Florida? Do you know Miguel in Orlando? He has a black ST185 up there as well. Share more pics if you can. It must be radical for you to keep it under wraps, :D Im hoping we can all meet sometime in 2008. There should be a Moroso event in the spring. Hope we can all do something sometime soon. We have a few interesting build ups down here, mostly ST165s. I will show some pics soon.

91sofla

Gino Merlot":nv31305s said:
Hey Gary,
Also I don't know if its you or not,but my friend Collin said he talked to a Gary about swapping his Car for a Mr2 Turbo that needs work down in the Palm Beach area.
?????

Yeah, that's me! We traded the MR2 and his Celica on Saturday. I know he's already started pulling the motor on the MR2.

--Kim

Gino Merlot

GT4times2":gm3uphkz said:
Sweet pics. That will be one mean car. What color is it? Are you in Central Florida? Do you know Miguel in Orlando? He has a black ST185 up there as well. Share more pics if you can. It must be radical for you to keep it under wraps, :D Im hoping we can all meet sometime in 2008. There should be a Moroso event in the spring. Hope we can all do something sometime soon. We have a few interesting build ups down here, mostly ST165s. I will show some pics soon.

I have met Miguel once,I was joking with him about his setup and the waste of time and piping on doing a Front Mount Intercooler setup,when Liquid to Air is Easier and Cheaper in our Cars,and if you are not happy with the 38 to 44 degree intake temps with using a Ice Chest then run Methnol injection on top of it too like I do heheh :D
His Car is very fast,I have not seen him in over a year thou so I don't know what he has been up too. You will normally find me mixed in with the Supra's,Mr2's,7th gen Celica's 240's with KA24DET's,SR20's are weak LOL,and some fast Honda's,to me that means high 13's and lower...
I am always up for Car meets. This weekend is Sunday Funday at Orlando Speed World. I will be up there with all my good friends. I don't know if I will run my GT-S its only high 13's its a waste of money for me and a spot when there could be a 10 second ride instead, you know what I mean.
I am sure all of Titan Motorsports will be there this weekend too. I will hanging around them I am sure,Darrin's Car is Damn Fast,He is breaking records every time he races,and Jessica Barton is running 9.60's and she gets out of the Car in high heel's,got to love that one.
When I get some work done to my GT-Four with pics I will update you guys. I know what to do with the Car,its just time,its hard to come by for me.
Here are some New Pics on my GT-S from last weekend :wink:

Attachments

• Engine Shot.jpg
    Engine Shot.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Ported TRD Header.jpg
    Ported TRD Header.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Install Time.jpg
    Install Time.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 9

Gino Merlot

91sofla":115gipuj said:
Gino Merlot":115gipuj said:
Hey Gary,
?????

Yeah, that's me! We traded the MR2 and his Celica on Saturday. I know he's already started pulling the motor on the MR2.

--Kim

Yea I was talking to Collin most of last week,about ideas and the Mr2. He sounds happy so thats good to hear.

Trance4c

Whats up FL

Actually.. I've done it 3 years in a row, including about 10-15 meets before that.. anyway.. 3 years in a row I've hosted the Sibling Rivalry event, its an all Toyota/Lexus/Scion event, hence the name. The last two years we had a great showing, 3 alltrac 90-93's, 1 alltrac 89, an 2 90 swaps plus or minus 1 per year. The last year though, it was a sad turn out for the older Celica crowd. The 2000+ guys really brought it! Unfortunately, I was the only turbo Celica there.

I keep trying to get people involved, including you Gary, an some others that are local. We have had people come all the way from North Carolina an continually have around 120+ cars show.

Its not the easiest to drum up attention in FL.. even though I've done it so many times (an those that have been around are aware of all the meets I've done in the past 7+ years).

Its fairly frustrating, especially when I see people post that I know are active an there is just no input from them until someone cries that 'its quiet'.

I'm not pointing any figures.. just saying.. there is stuff going on, an people out there very active. Just seems that people are more active in other communities, not to make a shameless plug, but Celicatech has people check an posting much more than here in the alltrac.net FL forum.

CMS-GT4

You guys know that the South East involves more than the penis of the nation we call Florida. :p

I tired hosting celica meets up here at the dragon muiltiple times, and its like pulling teeth to get a decent turnout.

Gary

Well, locating at the tip of the penis of the nation, it was too freaking hot in August.
I'm just playing Clayton. :lol:
Last August, I was somewhere else.
I think it's the fact that 80% of south FL alltracs are not in running condition.
Also, meeting more than 50 miles away is probably out of question for some of these cars.
Usually, if the events at Moroso weren't canceled, we meet there couple times every winter.
Also, small group of us (MR2s, Alltracs, and other Toyota) used to gather at Towers in Davie quite often on Friday nights.

Gino Merlot

Hey,I am up for any type of Toyota meet,last year I went to every meet,from every Forum, in the State of FL. The best meet was the Supra meet out in Tampa,There was tons of Supra's,some Skylines,MR2's,my GT-S Celica,and a GT-Four Celica. I also did enjoy the Celica meet in Orlando back in November too off of NewCelica.org.
I have all the pics on my Myspace page!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=38210577