GREENSBORO NORTH CAROLINA

sozzer

Yup, I dont live their, but I was visiting my brother whom goes to NC state and have family in the Chapel Hill area. I took a drive through UNCG to check out the campus. Teal/Black 93 All Trac

Letze

I'll have to meet up with you when I go to AL this summer

I stay with some family across the bay in Daphne

MR2 Guru

Letze, Not sure how far SW you are into VA, but you may be just minutes away from us here in Asheville. We're less than 30min-1hour from VA, GA, TN, KY and SC. If you are anywhere near Bristol, we should make plans to get a few All Tracs together at the track sometime! Of course, youre always welcome to come check out the shop down here as well if you arent too far. Maps.Google.com us
1565 Patton Avenue
Asheville, NC 28806

Actually, I just saw that you were in Roanoke, VA. You could literally take the Blue Ridge Parkway straight here. Fun drive indeed!

Letze

I'm in Roanoke.

If its a good gathering I could do a 4 hour trip

Maybe if its a full weekend event thing

MR2 Guru

I was just editing my post as you replied. I didnt realize until moments ago that the Parkway connected in Roanoke. Are the mountains/curves still fairly good up that way?

Letze

Myself and another mr2 owner (who's buying his old 165 back) do cruises with the Virginia Tech Car Club and its wonderfull

We do it twice a year with 2 different cruises each time short and a long all on tight back roads I haven't been able tto take my alltrac yet but this spring cruise I will.

Problem I have run into is the short cruise is fun, but you have a lot of slower and poor handling cars going on it, long cruise has the vetts and vipers who have yet to come back WITHOUT a traffic violation

Nightfire

Letze":27nee43n said:
Myself and another mr2 owner (who's buying his old 165 back) do cruises with the Virginia Tech Car Club and its wonderfull

We do it twice a year with 2 different cruises each time short and a long all on tight back roads I haven't been able tto take my alltrac yet but this spring cruise I will.

Problem I have run into is the short cruise is fun, but you have a lot of slower and poor handling cars going on it, long cruise has the vetts and vipers who have yet to come back WITHOUT a traffic violation

A group of Honda Sabre motorcycle riders that I belong to go up to Natural Bridge every June and run up and down the parkway and different roads in the area for a week, it's great up there! We call the meet BRR (Blue Ridge Ride) it's scheduled from the 14th to the 22nd this year, my wife and I will be there from the 18th to the 22nd. In fact I'm going to WV while I'm up there to pick up a gas tank for my alltrac.