1026 GT-Four Normal Body

Corey

Update: Went with MHG afterall - TTE 1.2mm with milled Cylinder head.

Update 2: Seems all the car's fuel/hesitation issues were due to a faulty AFM

-------------------------------

Well, seeing as all my parts are just about here, I figured it would be a good time to finally start a project thread for my car. :wink:

Bit of history: :?

Car was imported by J-spec Imports of Austrailia in Feb 2007 with 40150km. I purchased the car while it was enroute for $6900 canadian.
Final total for car including intresest on loan was $8000.

Here are some of the pictures while it was waiting for an owner in Japan.

GT-four.JPG

GT-four1.JPG

GT-four2.JPG

GT-four4.JPG

GT-four5.JPG

GT-four6.JPG

And here's a shot of the engine bay after a bit of scrubbing.

GT-four8.JPG

Much better :oops:

After putting a good 25k km on the car in the past year - and having paid off my loan - I decided it was time to get another loan, and buy some tune up and performace parts for my car.

The 1st modification I bought for the car was the Speedsource Brass cable bushings. Then came a C's Short Shift from Japan, and a Redline Goods Leather shift boot from Poland to go with it. 8) No more chicken leg :)

After that, i was set on improving the stance of the car, and wanted to buy it some new wheels. When Teamfaint put his OZ's up for sale, i had to get them. All i have to say is wow, I had to idea the wheels would sit out so wide. :D

Here is a list of the modifications that will be installed within the next week or so. EDIT: ....... HAHAHAHA :lol: :cry:

Driveline:

ORC Ogura 409 Silent
ST205 E154F Tranny 1998
ST205 E154F Starter
New Axel and Prop Shaft Seals for Tranny
New Slave Cylinder
Speed Source Extended Slave Pushrod
Speed Source SS Clutch Line
Motul 5.1 Brake Fluid for Clutch
RP 75W90 Tranny Oil

Engine:

New Cam shaft seals
New Rear Main seal
New Front Crank Seal
All 3 hoses from hell
New Timing Belt, Tensioner, Tensioner Pully, Idler Pulley, Powersteering and Alt Belts
New Thermostat and Gasket
New valve cover gasket from K-Box
TwosRus Valve cover Bolts
Painted Valve Cover - Black
New Distributor Cap, Rotor, Denso Leads, and NGK Plugs
New Fuel Filter
Black Silicone Vacume Hoses from Boost Controller.com
KO 2.5" Downpipe
New Exhaust Manifold to Head Gasket, New Manifold to Turbo Gasket, and New Turbo to DP Gasket.
RP 5W30 Motor Oil

Cooling:

Ron Davis Aluminum Radiator
Samco Coolant Hose Kit
Toyota Red Coolant
New OEM Exhaust Manifold, Ceramic Coated by Swain Tech

And when i have more cash, a Bay Area TMIC

Electronics:

When i have more cash, an HKS EVC 5 set to 10-11 PSI

Body & Weight Reduction:

RC Aluminum Front Bumper Bar. -30 lbs EDIT: Only weighs 25 lbs with Foggies. So Approx 20lbs reduction.
KO Downpipe. -10-15 lbs
ORC Clutch. - 7 lbs
Aluminum Rad - ?
ST205 Small Starter - ?
Removed front license plate holder, so now I'll take bumper to the shop to get the holes filled and repainted.

So estimated weight will be around 3205 lbs from 3262.

And that should pretty much cover it for a while :D

Eventually I will get some DMS 40mm Suspension and a 2.5 Exhaust from Rocket Rally. But maybe in a couple of years. Since they are a DMS dealer, while they install my exhaust and suspension, they can put the car on their dyno :)

I'll start posting up pics of all the work once my friend and i get started :)

thanks for looking

Corey

st185rc

Hey Corey,

that's an incredibly neat and tidy car. Are you ever stopping by the main land? We should have a meet of some sort

Corey

Absolutely i'd love to make a trip over. I actually wouldnt mind driving up to rocketrally early for a dyno run just to see where its at right now, or after all these parts go in and i get too caried away lol.

CMS-GT4

Your seats are in pretty decent shape. I would like to see your car on scales to see what it really weights.

Corey

I had it on scales a couple months ago.

1480 kg, with about 20 lbs of fuel.

thats 3262 lbs

Front wheels : 910kg
rear wheels: 570 kg

And with about 25.86 kg off the front. it will be 884.14 kg and have a 60/40 weight distribution.

CMS-GT4

Corey Darling":2ybnnhk8 said:
I had it on scales a couple months ago.

1480 kg, with about 20 lbs of fuel.

thats 3262 lbs

Front wheels : 910kg
rear wheels: 570 kg

And with about 25.86 kg off the front. it will be 884.14 kg and have a 60/40 weight distribution.

Interesting. My widebody weighed 3,280 w/ RC hood and bumper, teins, swaybar, a cat back and some heavy aftermarket wheels.
I expected the narrow body to be much lighter. I guess the standard narrow body had all the trim unlike the Rally model that came stripped.

Corey

Yeah, mine is fairly loaded. only stuff it doesnt have is Cruise Control, EGR or airbags

WarTowels

Oh noes! You made a poll!

Even after it's over, it never goes away from the topic heading... :doh:

Mines been over for months, and it never goes away... lameness.

Oh well.

-Towels

CMS-GT4

Hrm. Mine did have airbags and cruise, plus cruise. No ABS though. I home mine is much lighter next time I weigh it. That RC crash bar does save a lot of weight.

Corey

No ABS though. I home mine is much lighter next time I weigh it. That RC crash bar does save a lot of weight.

Thats good to hear :) would hate to spend 200 bucks for nothing lol.

I would LOVE to get rid of my ABS. i hate it. along with a lighter odyessy battery.

But being RHD, finding the non ABS stuff to replace it is kindof tough from what i gather.

Corey

Oh noes! You made a poll!

Even after it's over, it never goes away from the topic heading...

Mines been over for months, and it never goes away... lameness.

Oh well.

-Towels

LMAO, oh poo. i was hoping i could get rid of it at some point :(

Fourplay

Corey Darling":35hcauav said:
I would LOVE to get rid of my ABS. i hate it.

If it makes you feel any better, despite not being the best ABS system in existance, mine has saved me twice in traffic from definite disaster.

Oh, and don't bother with a MHG for the power/boost level you are curently at/planning if your engine/current HG are in good conditon. Intercooler upgrade next priority :wink:

Corey

If it makes you feel any better, despite not being the best ABS system in existance, mine has saved me twice in traffic from definite disaster.

Oh, and don't bother with a MHG for the power/boost level you are curently at/planning if your engine/current HG are in good conditon. Intercooler upgrade next priority

Well, im guess its okay in the dry. But in the snow/ice :shoots:

I think the only time its activated on my car was when some lady pulled out into an intersection in a minivan, cutting off 2 lanes of traffic.

I guess for the trouble of removing it, ill live with it. Just remove the fuse when it snows.

I beleive/hope my HG is okay. only has 65k km on it. but the security of a MHG would be nice. Just lots of work and money :(

I think i'll leave the headgasket till it really needs to be done.

Corey

I still dont have a boost gauge or controller. Is it a good idea to run the car after all this stuff without them? worst that can happen is it hits fuel cut, but will these mods get it to that point easily?

Shaggz00

GT-four6.JPG

That rear floormat is badass! Did the USDM models get those too?

oh...wait I just remembered that the JDM cars had a rear center seatbelt...so that would explain the mat. it's still really cool though!

Denver_whiteST185

nice, i just noticed the center mat. and the center seat belt.

i guess asian guys are small enought to fit three back there. i know i can't even sit up straight in the back, let alone fit back there easily....

i voted no on the MHG, however if you decide to do it and the arp headstuds, you will be set up to 350 whp or so. if i had the engine out of the car to do everything your doing, i would do it, but thats me

Corey

My back seats get used alot actually :( Which i HATE. because it usually means someone pulling on something in the cab to haul their ass out.

thats why i was considering pulling them out and replacing with bins. but they are so nice looking.... ill just have to have a no back seat policy lol

WarTowels

EDIT: check the "Delete Poll" Box when you edit the first post lol

Odd, I checked all of my posts from the beginning of my thread, until the poll is over and I can't find any options for the poll at all. :(

-Towels