Sand Blast Rally in SC Feb. 9th (56k bite the curb)

WideFNopen

Here is a short flyby of "Angelica the Celica" at the Sandblast rally in Cheraw, SC. I will post up more footage as I find it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bsu3CFS8Ug

I came in 10th overall (seeded 27th) with no problems besides a broken diff mount (towards the last stage) and a soft brake master cylinder.

I would like to thank Stealthgtfour for making this event possible for me. He sold me a trans at the last minute when shipping fell through on another and I finished installing the motor the day before I had to leave for the rally.

Thanks man!!

John

PS also I should thank alltrac.net and celicatech.net for letting me access the knowledge to work on these awsome cars!

WideFNopen

I will add pics as I find them :D

sandblast2.jpg

sandblast1.jpg

88st165

thats awsome to see your 165 in action... do you have anymore pics/videos? its inspiring to see fellow owners drive these cars like they were supposed to be...

i wish i can do something like that in my white 165 some day but we dont have those type of events around here...

Letze

wow I'd love the chance to get out there but I wouldnt know what to do with myself...

trac needs a full suspention rework before I can do anything...

+ I have to steal my dads Sequoia to trailer my car down there

maxxhavoc

It was good to see you out there. I was working the event, so I didn't get much video or many pics of you out there, and none on the stages.

I should have a "flyby" video of you in the finishing straight of SS4, but don't expect much - the camera was parked on a pile of sand.

This is a car-killer of a rally, almost a third of the field ended up not finishing due to collisions and broken equipment.

I was glad to see you fly by on the last stage of the day, finishing the event was a major accomplishment. Finishing ahead of many veteran drivers with years of experience was simply amazing.

At one point in the rally, there is an uphill grade with loose sand over a foot deep in places. I hear it turned into a parking lot of 2wd cars, making them nothing more than colorful chicanes for the guys behind them. Glad to see the 'trac pulled through with no problems. I have personal experience with that hill - I got to drive through there on my way to working the finish. My GT-S got stuck there in spite of a 50mph running start, the biggest tires that will fit (205/60/15), and coilovers which combined give me another 2.5" or so of ground clearance from stock. It dug in 10' from the top of the hill, but I did get farther than many of the rally cars who had proper dirt tires.