i hate chicago

zak062

i had to dig myself out of a foot of snow this morning, and i live a good 50 min from chicago.... this is not cool, i want the snow to stop.. NOW

88st165

haha i was just about to make the same post.... i live about 20min on a good day from downtown (where i go to school) and the traffic is mildly dangerous (terrible drivers)... combine terrible drivers, slippery street, potholes that can swallow your whole tire (no exaggeration), that brings my commute to 1hr and 15min in this type of weather :doh: ... and just two days ago the temp dropped like 20 degrees within an hour... when i was driving my windows fogged up what seemed to be almost instantly and i had to pull over now that was scary...

though i must admit that i like driving in this weather but i dont like driving throught the city in this weather... maybe i would enjoy it alot more if i had my white 165 done so i can rip around and have some fun...

but i agree im already sick of this weather... enough is enough...

zak062

i can only imaging what you got over by you 88st165. You also arn't lieing about those pot holes, i found out first hand they can swallow a tire.

88st165

wow today sucked... -30 wind chill was it? if its not the cold its the snow... mother nature is really sticking it to us this year b/c of all the mild winters we had in the past... :cry:

killer_siller

chicago hates you, too.

i was on my way home last friday. i've had to change the way i take to work three times now because the roads are getting so torn up. i picked a new route that morning, and was following it back that evening. went over a bridge, and the expansion joint going onto the bridge was so jacked that it bent three of my wheels and jacked my alignment something fierce.
GAH!

zak062

killer_siller":3n6ek6a4 said:
chicago hates you, too.

i was on my way home last friday. i've had to change the way i take to work three times now because the roads are getting so torn up. i picked a new route that morning, and was following it back that evening. went over a bridge, and the expansion joint going onto the bridge was so jacked that it bent three of my wheels and jacked my alignment something fierce.
GAH!

i blew out one of my tires on my dd today, goddamn it chicago... get warm already.

killer_siller

i just got an estimate from the alignment shop for fixing this: $2700

that's wheels, tires, arms, tie rods, a kitchen sink, a bumper, an oil pan

yeah

88st165

my cousin recently just got a 08 tacoma base model and its suprisingly pretty nice, id have to get the trd 4dr or extended if i were to get one... my uncle just got an "new" 07 tundra and those things are badass also... i really liked that guys xrunner, man im bad with names but i always remember a face, the one a taco bell that night... he said it can keep up with a lightning! but i guess you cant beat the mpg, reliability, space of the civic, just get some "less baller wheels" so they dont cost that much to replace!

killer_siller

john, he's got the SC on it now

i'm heading north, i think, tomorrow. i'll try to remember to grab your bracket and keep it in my car in case.

i've got some shitty 14x6s on it now w/ cooper cobras

i'm buying control arms and tie rods and then getting an alignment done and hoping that'll do it.

88st165

sweet.... yeah i hoping we could meet up when the weather gets warmer/better... any progress on the mr2? even though i know the civic is sucking up some of your income at the moment...

killer_siller

tax returns are going to cover quite a bit on the MR2. that should be later this month. i'm ordering up camshafts and valvesprings before we dig any further into it, as the lift i'm wanting to go with might create some difficulties. it looks like i'm going to be running it on honda PGM-FI electronics, too. uber fun. UBER fun.

88st165

am i sensing forced induction also or is that down the line? btw the chasis youre going to use isnt still sitting out in the field where the trac used to be is it? :cry:

88st165

^today we got a taste of the upper 30's.... it was glorious!!! everyone was washing their cars like it was the middle of june or something... chicago is so funny b/c as soon as it hits the 50s people are wallking around in t-shirts ... but not me b/c 50s is still cold to me...