Alltrac to GT exhaust swap?

WarTowels

Well my GT has developed a small exhaust leak around the flex pipe and cat area.

I'm going 3" on my Alltrac this summer, and my stock alltrac exhaust is in great shape.

Anyone know if the Alltrac would bolt to the GT?

-Towels

METDeath

I would think the only issue would be where the exhaust mates up to the collector on the GT. Primarily due to the differences in the exhaust itself, of course, you could turbo the GT and that would probably fix your lack of mating up issue. Plus you would gain a few ponies too!

However, I would be interested to know this as well, I'm seriously thinking about ordering a 185 exhaust for my GT when I turbo it using 3SGTE parts.

WarTowels

Well, I'll let you know this summer for sure.

Anyone else know if this will work or would work with a little customizing?

-Towels

silence

Sorry i should have clarified, the alltrac exhausts go over the rear axle...the GT doesnt have one, so that portion of the exhaust might give you problems ibecause the rear subframe is different between the two cars. All the Gt exhausts go under the rear suspension/ subframe.

Carolina91GT-S

They also leave the downpipe/cat at a different angle, they will not mate up at this point. If that is what you meant by the collector, then nevermind...

Terracar

Not sure I read Silence's post correctly..

but on GT/GT-S (ST18x) the exhaust goes over the rear axle (yeah I know not axle but can't think of the name at the moment) I know because when I got customer exhaust on my GT it took 8 million trips to the exhaust shop to get the piping correct so it wouldn't bang on the rear axle while driving on bumpy roads. It is also the reason I went with side exhaust on my GT-S.

-Terra