parking-brake shoes

toayoztan

mike325ci":1mpro4sa said:
WarTowels":1mpro4sa said:
^ When I called Toyota direct those part numbers didn't work?

These ones did though:

1 - 46550-33010
1 - 46590-33010
2 - 46540-33010

-Towels

yep, replaced with new numbers-- the olds ones did go in online at 1sttoyotaparts.com and showed the new numbers. i just placed my order. :)

Yep on 1sttoyotaparts they get superceded automatically. I think it even listed it in the EPC but I order everything through 1sttoyotaparts so it replaces the numbers automatically for me anyway.

Bryan

WarTowels

Supposedly, yes. But the fact that they carry "86-90" makes me think they are the ST164/165 shoes, otherwise they'd carry "86-93".

I'd probably street clear... what store it is btw?

-Towels

BriinumsBo

oh, its generic "japan automotive" part shop :) they said they have celica 86-90 and 93-97 :/ ok, i found some shop that have gt4 shoes, i hope the replacement is easy for first time :D

gt4rcdude

wyomingtoy":2krt4zhn said:
What is the proper orientation for the u-shaped pin holding the parking brake shoe? Thanks.

It goes around the silver arm that attaches to the cable. Orientation is to the inside. I just did mine this week as part of my bake upgrade.

wyomingtoy

Thanks gt4rcdude. Can I also ask if it is possible to remove both the front and rear spring retaining pins without removing the dust shield.

Thanks

BLOWNTACO

They're pretty easy to replace. Loosen the adjuster to help release the rotor. Once you get the rotor off (assuming that the caliper is off), its pretty easy to decifer. Backing plate stay in place, just be careful about the tension springs. Go to the local Toyota dealership and get a parts diagram on how everything goes, and go by the auto parts store to get a brake button spring tool. Then from there its a piece of cake!

bridge47

After abusing inadequate E brakes to get the rear to come around on various cars I always thought it would be worth it to try and find/fab the calipers that can allow you to hook up your cable for full rear brake power. Can anyone shed light on this?

WarTowels

It's been done. Not sure specifically on the alltrac, but basically what you need to do is find a car that has caliper e-brakes and then adapt the system.

-Towels

gpmarzan

WarTowels":3qvx88b8 said:
^ When I called Toyota direct those part numbers didn't work?

These ones did though:

1 - 46550-33010
1 - 46590-33010
2 - 46540-33010

-Towels

Sorry to revive this issue, but I wasnt clear if the part #s listed here are for both st165 and st185?? I am trying to order a few parts for my trac and this is one of em. Doing them quick before my wife finds other things to spend my money on. :p :twisted:

aubeone

This is perfect! After pulling my rear brakes apart to swap in new rotors, pads, and lines I found that the e-brake set-up all came out in tiny little bits...so now I'm in the process of sourcing the replacement...EVERYTHING lol

I'm in Canada, soif the shop names sound strange that's why, but I tried CarQuest, Benson Auto Parts, and Canadian Tire without result. I then called the dealer in my area and the shoes are $51 EACH...???

Hopefully 1stToytoaParts.com ships this far north :/ Anyone know for sure?

aubeone

I am soooooooo excited!

But first, I need to know if the gt/gts parking brake parts are the same as the alltrac...anyone know for certain?

If not, I'll have to find out the old fashion way...by taking in what's left of my 21 year old stuff and comparing it to the stuff a semi-local parts shop has INSTOCK...

The best part is the cost. The Shoes they have, assuming they are the correct ones, are $28 for the SET, and the hardwar is $32 for the SET. Not per side, not per part, the entire set will cost $60 CDN...

I think I just pee'd a little...

aubeone

As an update, the first thing I did when I got home from work (after eating) was to check on the part numbers (parking brake parts) between the st165 and liftback gts...and they're identical!

gpmarzan

aubeone":39vtdlcf said:
As an update, the first thing I did when I got home from work (after eating) was to check on the part numbers (parking brake parts) between the st165 and liftback gts...and they're identical!

so shoes for the gts will work, huh. Advanceauto has shoes for the gts for around 30 bucks

edit: it also shows for the alltrac.