My Celica st185

pog0

What motor is that? Looks like it is a caldina motor with the heatshield, got the side feed intake manifold, and is that DFI?

sss7556

thank you for attention!
of course, it's 3gte IV generation. 1999 from Toyota Caldina gtt, 2.0l 260hp in stock,
turbo st26 IV stage 26/35r, 44 lbs/min up to 450hp
manifld, stock from st205 Celica gt4
SMC 1.92 Autronic, ERL Aquamist 2s system
.. are some mods for you,
many thanks
Alex

AWDios

:shock:

Why haven't we seen you around before? To the best of my knowledge you're the only one to do a 4th gen swap. There have been quite I few interested people so I hope you can bring your knowledge to the table here.

Awesome.

turbo4wd

AWDios":k8619t7w said:
:shock:

Why haven't we seen you around before? To the best of my knowledge you're the only one to do a 4th gen swap. There have been quite I few interested people so I hope you can bring your knowledge to the table here.

Awesome.

Theres a guy living here in So Cali who has done a Caldina swap into a st185.. the infamous $$$$$ swap done by Toysport.. I believe the story of it is somewhat told on their website..

speedlabracer

hey what kind of engine management do you have?? Very nice....... Oh who won in that picture, between you and the bike?? Later

sss7556

Dear, friends!
Many thanks for the replyes!
I have SMC 1.92 Autronic for engine management with some mods for dwell board for ignition system.
and gas analyzer Autronic B with UEGO O2 sensor for accurate tune. Celica was winner, bike was not so fast :wink:

Puffy

Nice motor to swap into a 185. The wiring looks a bit rough but as long as it all works I guess.

The radiator looks to be different and what sort of suspension are you running ?

Cheers

sss7556

450hp for ct26, of course, I am not sure. May be, I am wrong (44lbs, I know). It's upgrade from ct26 MA70 Supra turbo. I'll change to gt35r with a good design manifold on the next year.
About, wiring, so sorry. It's really in the first step.
Suspension are Tein at all set.
Clutch system - Cusco single clutch set to 12550n/f
Alex

sss7556

about ignition system:
stock engine has 2 inductive sensors on crank and camshaft.
I have changed its on hall sensors and made crank disc with 2 tooths (as a 60-2 Motronic ignition. system). Dwell board has mod for max power ignition coils.
About engine:
stock has CR 9.0:1, 260hp for ct20b with specific manifold.
My engine has CR 8.9:1, JE 86.5mm pistons set, 1.5mm gasket, 264 HKS camshafts with adj. cam gears, titanium retainers and plates, very strong springs, polished and drilled int., exh. ports for head and some works...
I have some experiment for some camgears, such as: stock from st185 (4,285 main .diff.ratio), 4.83 (Toyota Rav4) was very power on low RPM, but not enough for max boost and 4.11 (form Toyota Carina ED 4wd st205) very good for turbocharged engine and a good max boost.
I think 3.93 will be very good for max power.
Thank you very much for the great attention
Alex

shoteh

sss7556":3ci72th9 said:
I'll change to gt35r with a good design manifold on the next year.

:cry: oOO you make me jeolous....keep us updated on that upgrade for sure.

j/w were you at a track or something?

pog0

Do you know if the bolt pattern of the caldina intake manifold is the same as the 2nd generation 3sgte ? Or is it more towards the design of the 3rd gen?

sss7556

It has a specific design not like manifold from st185, st205, sw20,
but flange similar as st205.
Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Hey sss7556,

Congrats on your swap. I too am doing a swap on my Celica, and was wondering... I'm having problems with the ignition coil. The car runs for hours and the coil works fine. But, as soon as I shut the car off, and the car is hot, the coils don't fire up. I need to wait for the coils to cool down and they work fine again. I have eight coils and they all do the exact same thing. Have any idea on what's causing this? Also, by any chance, do you happen to know what the cam angle is for TDC?

Thanks for your help.
cel3sgte