Passing Emissions

kickyah

This applies to anyone that is running Catless. I have the SS Autochrome "SUPER MOTORIA BRAND" catless turbo-back exhaust on my 91 ST185 and was wondering if anyone (preferably in the state MD) has gone through emissions. If so ... how did you do?

Thanks,
Alan

Simba

I pass NY emissions easy with the Motoria and a generic 3" cat from Summit. I made a replacement rear piece between the midpipe and tail section (straight pipe with the angled flange) for the cat so I can bolt it in fairly easily.

If your car is set up well, you should be able to pass without a cat at all with bumped base timing and a can or two of MMT, assuming MD doesn't do a visual.

Alan, I have passed with 3 alltracs with full 3" exhaust but all of them had
a hiflow secondary cat (no primary due to downpipe) and all passed. MR2 with basically the same also passed, not sure if a catless system will make it
or not ...

edv-tek

yeah ican't remember having any problems. and the two cars I had tested low emissions but both were healthly at the time. But at the emissions testing areas they have the mirrors on a rod to check for cats. But the key I found was to show up at the very end of the day. Its seems to put the facility at a disadvantage since the employees are wanting to leave and just want to push you out. And at one instance they just checked my gas cap and waived the dyno and or exhaust analayis. Hope this helps. -ed

kickyah

:shock: It passed! He had a little trouble keeping it centered on the rollers so he had to run the test twice. Afterwards, he offered to buy it in the spot for more than I would ask for it. But I said no.