Southern Cali Meet and BBQ?

jlspec

Anyone up for a meet in Southern Cali and BBQ meet? I was thinking about a good beach area that we all can meet and have a chat and BBQ. I'm from San Diego and the beachs are pretty pack on the weekends but there are few that has wide open parking right by the water, only issue is that it's a dirt parking. So anyone up too it and if so can sugguest another beach area? I'll try to get some pictures of the place I mean, for anyone in San Diego, it's Fista Island across from Sea World.

Update:
Quote (suzq004):
Well lets get a count of who would be up for something like this..
1- suzq044
2- jlspec
3- Rpz123isme
4-
5-
6-
7-

jlspec

Here are some pics of one the location, its a pretty big area just note. The map is from Google Map and you can find it by searching for Sea World in San Diego and it's right on top of it.

FistaIslandDriveIn.jpg

FistaIslandSide.jpg

FistaIslandSide2.jpg

FistaIslandMap.jpg

suzq044

I like the idea - but i dont have an alltrac yet.. lol - a few more months. But it's basically 'reserved' as mine. The current owner is looking for a replacement still. :cry:
Otherwise, physically, it'll probably look just like yours, except for having a front plate and vented tails.. and aftermarket exhaust.

btw - lol @ "fista island" :doh:

Rpz123isme

this sounds like it could be kool! i will need a set date with a few weeks advance notice. but if a date is set and more than one person is going to be their ill go :D

jlspec

Yeah at this point I'm just trying see if we can get enough people on this. Like I said before, if there is a better location even it's up northern of San Diego please share the location. At this point all I know is this location which is in San Diego. Pass on the word to other southern Cali members as I know not everyone checks the regional section of the fourms.

well it has been years I believe since we had a real alltrac meet. I think a more central location would be better so we can get people from the IE and SGV to join. I propose cerritos regional park (19700 Bloomfield Ave, Cerritos, CA), its centrally located, and has been the site of a few meets. june 15th?

jlspec

Any place by the beach? After all it is spring/summer and it'll be pretty cool to have the cars by the water instead of a parking lot. Hence the location with is right by the water and I mean right by it.

Rpz123isme

There is a place i have been to, it's at a circuit city parking lot and it oges off once a week and no joke there where over two hundred cars there! but only one cool toyota. I will have the address and the day up tomarrow i say we all start going it is fun and we can rep the Alltracs! 8) 8) 8) And get a local so cal trac krew together :D

Rpz123isme

Pismo :pissed: why does that always become the hot spot for SOUTHERN cali meets. I am not going to drive all the way up there unless i am going to see over 5 all tracs! Lets just stick to so cal for now 8)

yellowtuner

Rpz123isme":1crszf1l said:
There is a place i have been to, it's at a circuit city parking lot and it oges off once a week and no joke there where over two hundred cars there! but only one cool toyota. I will have the address and the day up tomarrow i say we all start going it is fun and we can rep the Alltracs! 8) 8) 8) And get a local so cal trac krew together :D
yeah get the address i might check it out! i would be down for the meet but for me it would have to be on a sunday! so cal trac would be coo! :smokes:

suzq044

hmmm.. why not go to one of the carlsbad beaches towards the end of the day, do a whole bonfire thing? That way its kind of north county, and there will be plenty of parking during those hours. Especially in the parking lot, and not on the sand.. [you can park on both if there's space]..
here's a map.
scrshtp4.jpg

There's more room here than you might think. Ample room for the allTracs. There's restrooms 'n everything for u guys to change in, should u want to go in the water..
scrshwj5.jpg

You'd want to take the Poinsettia exit towards the coast, and turn left @ avenida encinas, follow that past ralphs to the coast & turn left; You cant get to it any easier than that. Also - in the 2nd shot, it refers to the coast highway as Carlsbad Blvd - they change the name of it in carlsbad for some unknown reason.

what do u think? Its about 40 mins north of Seaworld, in Carlsbad [duh]. And There's plenty of food around. Panda express, Jack 'n the box, Fridays, In'n'out, McDonalds, DelTaco, El Pollo Loco, TacoBell, Wendys, Carls Jr.. etc.

not to knock the Circuit City idea, but cops have been frequenting these kinds of events lately just for the ticket count, and to claim that people were racing. I dunno about you, but i don't want that kind of risk, even if my vehicle were stock.. :shrug:

jlspec

That sounds like a great spot and I'm gussing around late evening would be great if there is enough parking. The northern area looks better and closer to the water front then southern area which I would perfer. For that location or the lower one, I was thinking about sometime around 5pm which should give us a good amount of time in the daylight if we want pictures. suzq044 are you close enough to that area to check on the weekend around 5 to see if it's got enough space/parking around that time? If so, it'll be better then Fista Island...

note: the fista island location can also do bomb fires as you can see the pit in one of the back pictures.

suzq044

yes i'm close enough - btw its fiEsta island.. not fista.. :doh:

I can't check tomorrow, i'll be at work, but I can check within the next few days, i'm sure. 8)

suzq044

1- suzq044
2-
3-

[copy/paste the list in your post, add your name in a blank spot]

Rpz123isme

1- suzq044
2- Rpz123isme
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-

[copy/paste the list in your post, add your name in a blank spot]