Anyone rally their car?

WideFNopen

smog7":21fcaiiq said:
Anyone ever enter their car in any events?

I entered into the Sandblast rally in SC last month. I am also planning on running Rally TN next month and then Rally WV in August.

WideFNopen

smog7":1fl3tpmg said:
^thumbs up to you! have you ever done any rally x? seems like it would be alot of fun.

Thanks man! Yeah I love rallyx. I usually rallyx an 85 Honda CRX since it seems to be faster then the Trac when it is dry out (even on street tires vs the rally car on rally tires). If it is wet then I use the Trac since the CRX is slow and no fun in those conditions.

Rallyx is the perfect stepping stone to rally. It is cheap, fun, and safe. Rally is expensive, nerve testing, and extreemly dangerous so I actually end up feeling very relaxed at the rallyxs where as at the rallys I am so busy and pumped chock full of adrenaline that it is really hard to have a good time until the awards ceremoney when everybody gets drunk and talks about the crazy stuff they just did.

gt4tified

WideFNopen":3c9pfjjz said:
at the rallys I am so busy and pumped chock full of adrenaline that it is really hard to have a good time until the awards ceremoney when everybody gets drunk and talks about the crazy stuff they just did.

lol. Sounds just like how we do it here in the Caribbean. I marshal for our club (when the club's not pissing me off) and at times I get to take the GT4 into the stage and coming out, I usually give the Car00 /000 a head start and play "catch up". Of course since our stages are almost all gravel, I have to make sure the stage is really, really flat and be very cautious since I have no sump-guard and my sump sits about 5" from the ground! :shock:

warmachine

thanks, ill take that as a compliment, (i took second in my class) but it is completely stock and has 204,000 miles on it!

it is my daily driver so i try to spend as little on it as i can
and its rusty as hell from wisconsin winters

my rally car in progress is a camry all trac
and i have a 20v powered fiat x-1/9 in progress also.
so thats were my money goes for now

when its is exempt from emissions (July) maybe ill put a turbo on it.

Wedge

I've been rallycrossing and performancing rallying for a few years now.
My Paseo is prominent in this video here.
I've got a GT4, and plan to build it up as my next rallycar