Project CMS

5speedGT4

what might help too is if you post up a recent pic or two of the engine bay, maybe someone can spot something that looks wrong. i wish i was close by and could look in person honestly.

CMS-GT4

I am still wondering if it could be a fuel issue.
I am going to pull the line off the rail and check for sure.

Right before I painted:
img5170vr1.jpg

After.
img5176zc0.jpg

Not sure if you can anything from these.

CMS-GT4

Well as many of you know, the car never made it to the dragon. The MR2 Guru looked at it the night after the dragon run and we think it is ignition related. Most likely a ground issue. I am in finals right now, so once those are done I will tear into the car.

I ordered a new radiator with the last of my paypal funds. So now I am trying to sell stuff to get more parts.

I am going to use the sti rotors for the front of my BBK. They are dual drilled for both 5x100 and 5x114. So I can run them as 5x100 for now and if Pat C's solution for a hub conversion works, then I will switch to 5x114.3 w/o haing to redesign my brakes.

I plan on doing this for both front and rear if it does work. The rear will be easier to setup. I can use MK4 rear supra rotors with my st205 calipers.
So I will be slowly saving up for all the parts for my BBK. I will likely upgrade to the ABS MC.

5speedGT4

doh, sorry i forgot about this thread (i rarely stop by here anymore)....

From the pictures everything i thought might be wrong looks fine. However its not as easy to tell from pictures as it would be in person. Have you even checked to see if you're getting spark at the distributor? How about fuel at the rail? that would be where i would start.

WarTowels

You may have listed it... but it's been a while since I've read through your whole project page, what did you do/use to remove the AFM?

-Towels

CMS-GT4

Full 205 engine swap. So, AFM can go to H E L L.

My ASI radiator showed up yesterday. Its huge. I was almost afraid it would not fit at first glance, but I think it will.

I am pretty sure I know the majority of my issues. I think its related to 5 or so electrical issues. I think buying a new Dist. cap and rotor will put me on the right path. We found they are corroded to hell. Most likely from storage and powerwashing.

I am working on a few other projects this week, so I hope to step back over to the car in the next few days.

Its been almost 9 years since I have had this car. Jesus, I am getting old.

darthripley

i'm interested to see how that ASI radiator fits.

i've been thinking about getting one especially after driving the car last nite and then popping the hood - the coolant could clearly be heard to be boiling under the cap & its not even hot here yet :(

CMS-GT4

I was cleaning my office and found the sheet with my corner weights from years ago.

I am curious what the weight will be when the car is done.

LF: 1017
LR: 629
RF: 988
RR: 648

Total: 3282

darthripley

were the corner weight figures with full leather interior, abs, ps, a/c, system 10 & spare tire or had you stripped anything out at the time?

CMS-GT4

The car was stock other than:
RC hood/bumper
Tein Coilovers
ADR fuel wheels (weight morethan stock)
Sard catback.
Solid dif mount
rear spacers.

I have no ABS and I still had the full interior and a/c.

Who says alltracs are too heavy. I still think thats a fair weight for the car.

It weights much less now, but I am going to reinstall the interior.

I know i saved some weight up front though.

Kcman91gts

Hey CMS i had this happen not too long ago with my 5s , while it may not be related its worth checking into , i was out in my car the night before , came home turned it off . slept . woke up and went to go get my prescription filled and my car wouldnt crank over what so ever it would try but would just make some wierd sound like it was flooded or the starter was dead . i gave it 10 mins or so and it finally turned over idle was extremly high and finally dropped to about 2 grand so i drove anyway . had just enough time to go to the pharmacy and come back home . let the car sit all night and finally it would not turn over at all again and was accompanied by a wierd metal scraping sound and hesitation , starter would still click over but it was fubard.

turns out my coil wire was shot my distributor cap and rotor were both shot . my base timing had been thrown off also , theres a few other things i may need to check the last bill i got and fill in anything im forgetting .

dunno if it will help but it sounds close enough.

darthripley

CMS-GT4":1f9tfe1s said:
Who says alltracs are too heavy. I still think thats a fair weight for the car.

i agree, especially when you compare the weight to that of an STi or Evo.
the stock alltrac is just underpowered w/old suspension vs. a stock STi/Evo ... but it's also 15-18 years older which imho makes the alltrac that much more impressive.

good info - thanks.

CMS-GT4

Not sure the color of my spark, but its weak. I think the dist cap and rotor may have been ruined in the power washing.

The wife just found out about me buying a radiator thanks to those customs fuckers at Purolator. She is getting irritated with me spending money.

Yesterday she said, we still got to paint your car, with all the money you put in cars I could just have gotten the new Sti and been done.

She makes good sense, but I am so close to being done.

Denver_whiteST185

CMS-GT4":22gprivu said:
The wife just found out about me buying a radiator thanks to those customs fuckers at Purolator. She is getting irritated with me spending money.

maybe its time to get one of those mail boxes at the UPS store ;)

i had an issue with spark after driving through some torrential rain, and after i hosed down my engine bay to clean it. both times it turned out that the distributor cap got wet.

CMS-GT4

I think once I get a new cap and rotor my problems will go away. I decided to sell my emanage. I am trying to keep my project simple, so I just going to do a boost controller and call it a day. I don't want to create anymore headaches for myself. I would rather put that $$ into a bbk.