Nebraska Ice Cream Cruise-Location Update

91alltrac

Here is the official date for the annual Ice Cream Cruise in Omaha, Nebraska and the ground rules. They are also possibly considering some type of donation to a charity, but that is still in the works. I think there were well over 500 cars that came out last year. Anyone is welcome to come.

The location has been updated to fit more cars, since the turnout last year was a lot larger than expected.

Who: Any and All Midwest Automotive Enthusiasts
What: Nebraska Street Scene Ice Cream Cruise
When: July 26th, 2008 @ 7PM. (Cruise starts at 10PM).
Where: Starting at Sonic on 145th Street and West Maple (Parking available in Sonic and in the Home Depot lot).
Why: To come out and have a good time. Eat ice cream/burgers, enjoy a night of great weather, people, and of course, CARS! Possibly make a positive impact on the community.

As usual, I have to break out the ground rules:
> Please no burnouts, revving, bumping of music, etc. We're a great bunch of people, and I don't want to have to ban someone for being a retard and embarrassing all of us.
> Please tip your servers, as this makes for a very busy night for them. In fact, I talked to the manager last year, and it was the busiest night of the year for them. Hands down. Simple buck or two for dealing with us should be no problem if you're affording to drive the cruise at the rate gas will be. LOL.
> Please no racing or dangerous driving during the actual cruise. It's called a CRUISE for a reason. Do it later and in a smaller group if you wish, but keep it away from the mainstream. Also, PAY ATTENTION. This is a busy time of driving. No more accidents and rear-ending people this year! (LOL).

Here is the link for the map of the route we are taking this year.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&g ... 00751&z=12

Overall distance: 34.6 miles
Estimated time: 1hr 3min (will be actually verified before cruise and posted by this weekend)

cardude

:cry: i missed this last year.
i might have to drive down from north dakota for this. i usualy go to school in lincoln

91alltrac

asantiST185":e1crkmym said:
so just to get an idea there is going to be about 4-5 all tracs at the cruise?

I don't know if there will be that many running, but I will probably have mine there again. Last year there were three, mine and two others. One of the people that came last year has since sold his and I don't think Gayle's is running yet.

FastTrac

Ya, I just had a recent set back last night, guy from Utah sent me the wrong turbo rebuild kit. Other than that my car is done. Hopefully I'll have it out by next weekend.

91alltrac

Well this is coming up this weekend. From what I hear there should be an even larger turnout than last year. Hopefully those who make it out have a good time.

asantiST185

Yeah i was there with my red one. I was parked a car away from a white one with a CS front bumper and huge fmic.

I also saw gayle out with her black one but she parked kinda far away.

91alltrac

asantiST185":3m1nxps9 said:
Yeah i was there with my red one. I was parked a car away from a white one with a CS front bumper and huge fmic.

I also saw gayle out with her black one but she parked kinda far away.

Yeah, the white one was mine, alltrac4life was riding with me. Sorry I didn't get to meet you, I was walking around talking with friends and people I had not seen in awhile. I really liked the rims you had on your car though. I just pulled mine out of the garage about a week ago and realized they were in pretty bad shape. It is probably about time for me to start thinking about getting new ones.

FastTrac

Ya, there weren't any parking spots closer without having to deal with a huge group of people.
Hey Zach, what happened; you said you may be driving an alltrac.....