Calgary, Alberta Meet

Razzo

Anybody interested in the following area to meet up, i know of a couple mr2 meets going on that i'm sure they wouldnt mind having us. Maybe make it out for the last time for some of you? Lets see whos all interested, then we can figure out some dates.

90TURBO4WD

I would be up for meeting up
not too much longer till the snow really starts flying.
And i have never cruised with any other alltracs, bein noob on this site and the fact there arent very many in town.

Razzo

I would love to see some more alltarcs aswell. I've only seen a couple, and they all happened to be while i was driving my bmw :( i can't wait till i have it as my dd :D

90TURBO4WD

any ideas on when where
just need the heads up otherwise might not be able to make it if its last minute

so whats the intrest like
anybody up for it

Razzo

sorry about the late response...the cars put back into the garage for the tierod replacment, so it doesn't look like i can bring it out for a couple weeks. I drive my gtfour all year around, so maybe make it out to some autocross events around town in the winter...show everybody the potential :D . I love how i was 4 seconds slower then a stock sti...and i was only boosting 10 on stock everything. So far i love the riggidness, but it doesn't have the handling of the rx-8......but give that a couple months before i fix that. I evened up driving a rx-8 this past 2 days 1900 kms....average speen was around 150, it sticks to the road like no other!!! And i think fixing this problem is getting the junky powersteering out

90TURBO4WD

well whos all going to scc

if they arent there already. i just thought of asking
little late now but anyone? :shrug:

90TURBO4WD

anybody want to meet before we get to deep into the fall months? :shrug:
im probably going to be parking mine for the winter for mods and well to keep the fresh pant job a little fresher

anyone?????
where abouts is everyone north, south whatever

Razzo

i'm in the south (by chinook), my cars drivable...but not for long distances? Give me a pm i'm sure we can meet up sometime.

stevo27

post is from 2006 man lol

but this sunday there's a meet at chinook with some mr2's im sure they won't mind havin you

ChrisD

I think there will be a few of us at this one. The more Celica's the better!

calgary_may_31st_meet_poster_186.jpg

90TURBO4WD

Anybody goin to check out the Rocky Mountain Rally this weekend? :shrug:
I was reading that there is a spectator event at race city on friday night and then the rally course is out at porcupine hills area on saturday.

ChrisD

I've done the rocky mountain rally thing a few times now, there's just a lot of walking if you go to porcupine hills....like be prepared to do 10-20km's of walking.

Anyways, the IVOAC meet is a go and I will be there!

RWDragoon

Im gonna be there with my GT-R and my GT4RC

Anyone heard the rumor about a pinks episode being filmed in Edmonton same day?

aych

i'd join in if i buy my gt4 before then!

ps. anyone want to come with me to give me opinions on how my potential gt4 is?

90TURBO4WD

bringing this thread back from the dead!!!

I finally will have my car back on the street!! :D Im still waiting on some parts from 935 but I am finally good to go!

Who wants to get a meet in before the summer is up?

pintoBC_3sgte

for u calgary guys.. taken from celicatech
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43348

Tara said:
I figured that it would be worth posting this up here as well, for all you Calgary Celica guys (and gals? Are there any?)

I've arranged this for the Alberta Supra Club, but anyone and everyone is welcome! Please, just post if you're interested so I have an idea of how many people will show.

Here's the link to the thread on ASC:http://supraclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=33035#post33035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara

It's getting towards the end of summer, and a few of us here will be putting our cars into hibernation in only a couple of months. Due to these unfortunate circumstances, I propose that we meet in Calgary for a tasty lunch, followed perhaps by a cruise of some kind?

The details:

Pig & Whistle Pub
405-8120 Beddington Boulevard NW
Calgary

1 pm, Sept 12

The parking lot's a decent size (as long as it's not too busy,) and the food's good. The pub's in the Beddington "mall" - the one with the Safeway and London Drugs, on the corner of Centre St and Beddington Blvd.

My kid brother works in the kitchen there, and has advised that if there's going to be quite a few of us, we should call at least a day before to let them know, as there's only one person working in the back at that time. So, when I have an idea of how many people there'll be, I'll call to let them know we'll be coming in.