raced a neon srt-4 this weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

illGT4

Race prepped SRT-4 Neons are nothing to shake a stick at. I'm curious if just how many people here have competed against one on at road course or auto x. We have quite a few that come out to the track here and they are mighty fast.

How many of you have actually been on a race track? Keep the racing off the streets, please.. It really doesn't say much at all "racing" on the streets people drive to work on.

BlueDragon

uhh... yeah i dont see a stock srt cornering the way an alltrac does... I have a good idea of this because we have some amazing twisties up the mountain on the way to the ski resort I frequent... not once have i ever been passed.... and the closest ive come to losing was a modified WRX who could pull slightly on the straights on my other then intrax springs... stock jdm motor with ceramic turbo all at stock... I entered and exited faster then a WRX so tell me your SRT can keep up... come on up and try to fallow me... ill see you grinding down the guardrail shortly... guarantee it.

wow long sentence huh? what a rambler.... and in retrospect I guess maybe I just drive closer to the limit then most ppl.... Not alot of people enjoy AWD drifting topped out in 3rd gear around a mountain pass... hmph
if you ever find yourself in this situation though... keep cool dont let off the gas too sharply or slam your brakes or your gonna lose it... you gotta power thro, and trust your awd to pull you around the corner...
man im rambling again... toooooo much coffee this morning!

illGT4

BlueDragon":2dz3y06w said:
I entered and exited faster then a WRX so tell me your SRT can keep up... come on up and try to fallow me... ill see you grinding down the guardrail shortly... guarantee it.

Not sure if this is directed at me- I don't have an SRT4 Neon. But, I can respect cars that are fast when driven correctly. I do however own several GT-Four and various other vehicles. Being a professional driver, instructor and coach, I doubt that I'll be grinding any guard rails... ;)

Honestly, it's threads & posts like this that show the age and maturity of the forum. In a track environment, anything is fair game, and most things are a driver's race.

Keep it safe and stay alive.. it's not a race unless the other person is racing you back in a CLOSED COURSE, aka RACE ENVIRONMENT.

Ps.. I hate SRT4 Neons.

BlueDragon

no that was a challenge to anyone that wants to bring a stock srt4 and try to keep up....

and i guess maturity level also factors into definitions because i say anytime there are 2 cars and each is trieng to go faster then the other that would be the basic definition of a "race" me and webster could have it wrong :twisted:

congrats on being mature and stickin up for.... oh wait you hate neons what was your arguement about??

BlueDragon

and honestly all that coment was getting at is if you went into a turn matching my speed in an srt4 thinking you were hot shit you would lose it because your skid G limit is lower.... being a pro i think you would understand that.

darthripley

Joe & I have raced on a road course & auto-x, neither one of us have been to a drag strip yet.
I'd love to go to a drag strip for the experience of it at least once.

I only like pushing the limits of a car in a controlled environment, therefore if a "panic" situation arises on the street I have more knowledge regarding the car's and my own limits as a driver.

BlueDragon, no need for the hostility towards IllGT4 - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
no matter how you want to define it, racing is illegal on the streets and best left to controlled environments where harm to others and harm to yourself is kept to a minimum.

illGT4

BlueDragon":ixsmla9t said:
and honestly all that coment was getting at is if you went into a turn matching my speed in an srt4 thinking you were hot shit you would lose it because your skid G limit is lower.... being a pro i think you would understand that.

You are really reaching for just about anything now , aren't you? So you think just because a car has a different skid pad # it cannot exit a turn as fast as your all-trac? LOL..

You really shouldn't compare "skid pad #'s" so factually. #'s change with the diameter of the skid pad and how the car is prepped. Have you ever been on a skid pad? I'm on a skid pad 7 days a week. No need for hostility.

Corner exit speed doesn't just come out of a skid pad #. Skid pad #'s don't relate much on a road course. It comes down to a number of factors- The biggest one being the driver.

illGT4

darthripley":3ahfnzw0 said:
BlueDragon, no need for the hostility towards IllGT4 - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
no matter how you want to define it, racing is illegal on the streets and best left to controlled environments where harm to others and harm to yourself is kept to a minimum.

It's all good- I'm simply trying to re-visit an old forum and open discussion with old friends. It's good to see some of you are still at it. With beautiful All-Trac as well!

Simply put- I came back here to try and provide some "real world" vehicle dynamics help. :shrug: just my $.02 anyway

Peace!

darthripley

illGT4":lp9qd92y said:
It's all good- I'm simply trying to re-visit an old forum and open discussion with old friends. It's good to see some of you are still at it. With beautiful All-Trac as well!

Simply put- I came back here to try and provide some "real world" vehicle dynamics help. :shrug: just my $.02 anyway

Peace!

no prob, it's always good to see you around from time to time - just letting other members know we don't tolerate hostility/attacks on others here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.