Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Hopefully the emanage will be sold by next week. I want to start on my BBK once my car is painted.

I finally ordered my Cap and Rotor for my distributor.
I was paranoid about part numbers and got my old EPC to work long enough to verify the cap and rotor numbers.
The part numbers I used are: Cap 19101-88460, rotor 19102-74040

Now I just have to wait for the cap to get here, then I can narrow down all my issues.

CMS-GT4

I am trying to figure out how to do this new type of photo editing with an old picture. I still have not figured it out on my own, so I am going to have to google info, but this came out alright.

cornershotfinalus3.jpg

Now, we wait.

CMS-GT4

Well, I got the new cap and rotor on. It still won't stay started, but at least it turns over now. So now I have to find the rest of my electrical gremlins. I wonder if I have a short somewhere. When I turn the key into the on position, the connector box for my disc changer makes a noise like a relay. But it keeps doing it. I wonder if somehow it could be related, even though it never did that before.

EasternBandit

I bought a car a while ago with a similar problem, turned out that the pins going into the plug for the distributor were loose. Check all the wires on each side of the plug, give them a tug and make sure they've got a secure connection to the pins. If it's only holding on by a couple strands it'll look like it's right but not have a good enough connection. But I'd work backwards from the distributor. Have you tried a different coil as well?

CMS-GT4

The connectors all seem good except for the cable that goes from the dist cap to the igniter.

The plastic is broke on it.

Its been too hot to work on the car. I am hoping to get up early and mess with it some.

I have finally been trying to finish that alltrac drawing I started so many years ago too.

Good time.

CMS-GT4

I got up early and started the car. It RAN!. It ran as long as I left it there. It ran rough though. I think I still have some spark to resolve.

I decided to fill the radiator while it was running. I noticed the water does not really move.
I decided to check the reservoir and found this mess. Not sure what it is. I assume its rust.

The car ran till I hit the gas, then it died and would not start again. At least it ran. I still got to sort all this crap out and get this running perfect again.

img5479fm9.jpg

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":re2gtd6h said:
I got up early and started the car. It RAN!. It ran as long as I left it there. It ran rough though. I think I still have some spark to resolve.

I decided to fill the radiator while it was running. I noticed the water does not really move.
I decided to check the reservoir and found this mess. Not sure what it is. I assume its rust.

The car ran till I hit the gas, then it died and would not start again. At least it ran. I still got to sort all this crap out and get this running perfect again.

Ok.. I'm hoping the coolant in the radiator doesn't look like that too.. yuck..

WarTowels

You sure that's rust?

Looks really soft to me from the pictures. Plus the coolant neck there is completely plastic so it seems weird it would attach itself like that?

-Towels

CMS-GT4

When I drained the coolant from the radiator it was red, like it had rust in it. Maybe its not rust. It almost looks like red clay or mud, but I would have no idea how it got there, so I can only assume its rust.

Sifu

I hope that is just in the reservoir and not in your radiator or engine. That looks REALLY bad. What coolant do you use?

Really? That looks like that orange sealant? If that's running throughout your system that WILL cause problems... I can't even imagine what that will do to your cooling system...

CMS-GT4

As far as I can tell, its only in my reservoir. When I took out the old rad, it was half empty. I assume that while sitting it gave out and leaked. A rust colored water came out.

I think I need to give it a good flush.

I wonder if in any way this could keep the car from running right if the coolant system has a clog in it.

Sifu

If there is a clog or sludge it will definately cause all kinds of problems. I would check your radiator to make sure none of that garbage is in there.

It almost looks like clay...

CMS-GT4

It looks like the rust stuff was pretty much in the resivoir. Its not starting again, so I am not 100% sure how much is in the system.