Carolinas All Toyota Meet Rock Hill SC 7/12/08

96st206

Hey I know i'm new to this forum, but here me out. I'm spreading the word about an all Toyota meet in Rock Hill SC. All models are invited (supra,celica,corolla,mr2 etc). This is a great way to meet other Toyota enthusiasts. I really want to make this happen so come out bring your cars and your friends!! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

UPDATE: Location has been confirmed I have permission from the mall management to hold the meet there!
Date: July 12th 2008
2301 Dave Lyle Boulevard
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Time: 12pm-4pm

more details here
Carolinas All Toyota meet 7/12/08 - 6G Celicas Forums

FINAL INFO:

The meet will be held on the backside of the mall next to the Steve & Barry's (if you are looking at the Steve & Barry's sign it is the empty lot directly to the left) . When you get on to Dave Lyle Blvd go about 1-2 lights down (depending on whether you went N or S) look for the Rock Hill Honda dealership it will be on your left. Turn left at that light (Galleria Blvd). Go all the way down until it dead ends and make a right (Tabor Dr.) followed by an immediate left onto the mall's "main road" you should see the Steve & Barry's and the nearly empty parking lot on your right.

Also, I think it would look cool if all of the different models parked together, but that's just my opinion. I will be there wearing a shirt that has the California state flag on it

Cliff Notes
left at Honda dealership (galleria blvd)
right at dead end road (tabor dr)
find Steve & Barry's

As far as the cruise there's a few ways we can go, either route 122 east to waterford road, which leads to a fairly deserted two lane road. Route 122 west is more scenic with four lanes, lots of trees and photo op locations. We can decide which way to go when we all meet up. Hope to see you and your rides there!!

*For the Shaw/Sumter guys, there will be a caravan starting from the food lion on 378 just outside the main gate. We ride out at 10:00am

Carolina91GT-S

Have you talked to the store manager? I have seen things like that get squashed within a half hour of starting when the management decides that they don't want your group around. Especially since the group as a whole will most likely not be doing a large shopping spree.

Great idea though...a Carolinas meet would be a good thing.

96st206

More updates!
I pleaded with Target, they didn't budge. However, I planned for this. There is a park very near by, a mall very near by, and a cactus creek restaurant near by that is closed on Sunday with a good sized parking lot. If we had to (meaning the park and the mall fall through) would it be ok to have it Sunday at the cactus creek since they'll be closed and no one would bother us.

Stay tuned for more details....

Carolina91GT-S

I have been considering trying to arrange a small meet in the Raleigh area, nothing huge but I think we can have a decent small turnout between celicatech, alltrac.net, 6gc, and maybe even mr2oc. I thought about this quite a bit and I think you are going about this the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, I would love to a see a Carolinas meet, I would most likely attend. But you are looking for a place where you can stash a bunch of people and their cars and hopefully not get harrassed. Can I suggest that you work with some location that wants you be there. I was thinking about trying to talk to one of the local Autobell places and tell them we are having an automeet, tell them about how many people we would bringing to their establishment as paying customers, see if they would offer a discount to people attending the meet. Face it everyone is there to show off their rides, might as well look as good as you can. Make sure you do this at an Autobell near a place where plenty of people can eat a variety of food, maybe even near an entertainment complex or something. Just put somemore thought into it. Make people want to come...make the place that you bring everyone to want them to be there.

Another suggestion...make sure your empty parking lot or whatever is good size( on the right track here so far) and suggest people bring parts they have for sale/trade and that people post up before the meet parts they are looking for...

There are a ton of easy and fun things you can do that would make a meet successful....Like I said...I am thinking of planning one for this area this summer...PM me if you want to try and cooperate.

96st206

to all: I'm working very hard trying to get this to go on with out a hitch I really want to get a cruise going, or if people want to sell parts feel free to bring them. The cactus creek place is all closed down with a HUGE parking lot. Also trying to get in touch with the fort mill autobell. Will post more updates when I get them thanks for looking and being patient with me (unlike newcelica.org :x )

96st206

UPDATE!!! we are all good to hold the meet at the galleria mall on july 12th will get written permission this weekend just to be on the safe side

96st206

Here's proof of permission, this is an email I got from them

Our General Manager is fine with having your car club out on July 12th. Thank you for notifying us and getting our approval rather than just coming out. Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll be glad to help.

Allison H. Cleveland
Marketing Manager
Rock Hill Galleria
2301 Dave Lyle Blvd., Suite 20
Rock Hill, SC 29730
PH 803-324-1711
FAX 803-324-7014

etantshi

Hrmm same day as HIN charlotte.

691_08_front.jpg