Meurz' AP Racing BBK Now available online

CMS-GT4

MRS is a different bolt pattern. So you still would have to modify the hats to work and thats if even the rest bolts up.

I am curious how much the AP 185 kit costs.

Corey

Hopefully Meurz took the bullet getting it deveopled, and now maybe its cheaper than the 4000$ he paid to get them made :D

Meurz

It's all up to the exchange rate I'm afraid. MSRP is 1700 GBP (ex. 17.5% VAT) if you buy in the UK, or ~ €3000 from Dutch dealers. Just ask a local AP dealer how much the set costs (they'll get a price in your currency/taxes from AP HQ with the part #).

'My' kit only fits in 17" or bigger. (I asked AP to develop the biggest kit possible for my 17" RAYS wheels since I won't go 18".)

FYI, I've recently helped a UK based ST165 driver getting another custom AP setup with the same calipers, but smaller discs, suited for his 16" OZ Roulettes setup;

http://gt4ec.net/forum/index.php?topic=2609.0

wiggy":3pkxamv1 said:
Don't know if Rene has posted this already? After noticing on his lovely CS that he had AP brakes I couldn't help but enquire further ;)
After discussing it with Rene I found out he got AP to make him a custom set of brakes. Unfortunately for me, his kit was specific to 17" rims....arse. Having talked to Pete at AP about this and printing the template off, I discovered that the 330mm 17" wheel kit was just slightly too big for my 16" roulettes....Dam. it was only the front corner of the caliper that hit the rim as well, the rest fit in no worries :(
So, plan B, ask AP to make me another set to suit my 16" wheels. AP do a 315mm rotar that would have fitted onto the same bells Rene's kit used. But on Pete's advice, he recommended I stick with the 32mm wide disc, which isn't available on the 315 diameter. They only come from AP in 315x28mm. The 32mm ones are special heavy duty ones and very expensive because they are produced in very low volumes. Pete recommended the 304x32mm rotor, using the same 6 pot AP calipiers in Rene's kit. Because this rotor uses a different PCD, I would in fact have to have custom bells made after all to suit.
So, now onto Carrie at BG developments. A few phone calls and e-mails later and the kit is in production :D I hope to have it within about 3 weeks, but carrie did say it could take upto 8 weeks...
Can't wait to get these bad boys on, just about give me time to rip out the ABS from the 165. Which, as any 165 owner will tell you, is in thee most stupid location under the back seat.

Watch this space ;)

Piccie of his 16" kit;

Photo010.jpg

This kit also fits the ST185. So far I have no idea about pricing of this kit.

Corey

I WANT THAT!

Rocket Rally sells AP kits for scoobies for roughly 2800$ with a 4 pot caliper.

talked to a shop i deal with and he said he made a couple calls and the 185 kit (orginal Meurz for 17") will end up being just under $5000 CDN landed with taxes. Not cheap by any sense of the imagination. i wanted the kit too, but not at that price. Cdn dollar may be good against the $US, but the Euro or Pound, forgettaboutit. We are still paying top dollar. I'm sure if you really call around you may find it for cheaper, but i'm sure it will be more around $4000 CDN by the end of it. Sorry Corey :)

Toxygene

Might as well order yourself up a nice DMS suspension while you're at it.

Also, what about the rear brakes? Why wasn't that ever developed?

In wonder if Stillen Motorsports can help since they are one of the AP Brake retailers down here?

Toxygene

I called Stillen who is a large retailer of AP racing brakes here in Costa Mesa, CA and they can get the BBK from AP Racing in London for us. I'm getting a price quote from them as well. I'll let you all know when the price comes back! I got the feeling the price might be cheaper through them.

If you are interested, call them and reference the part numbers off of AP's Site:

Black Caliper Kit Number - CP5570-1018.G8
Red Caliper Kit Number - CP5570-1018R2.C8

Stillen: 1-800-834-0376

Ninetail

Old thread I know, sorry. But how many have these AP Racing bad boys fitted? How do they look on your car? Red for example?

How is it doing on price?