l00k0v3rth3r3's '90 All Trac

l00k0v3rth3r3

After having and working on my baby for a few months I figured it was about time to make a project thread for myself. Woo!

After I learn how to post pictures on here I will load up the ones I have.

And I am compiling a list of what I have, what I'm doing, and what I want to do. that will be up soon.

DSCN0075.jpg

101_1588.jpg

101_1586.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

So shiny you can see the clouds

l00k0v3rth3r3

The rims came on it when I bought it from Steve (turbocelica) I agree he has good taste in rims.

Alright so this is what I have on it so far:

- Nice thick ignition wires (red)
- 5 mm front H&R wheel spacers
- 20 mm front H&R wheel spacers (not installed yet) - im having trouble putting in the new longer bolts, and i figure i have to get the hub pressed out so i can change them, is that right?
- Replaced the corner light cause it was busted up (thanks BAD VIBE)
- Replaced a missing interior trim piece (thanks JPOT55)
- Gauges: Installed - Boost, Air Fuel Ratio
Not Installed - Oil Press, Oil Temp, Water Temp, EGT Pyrometer (thanks BAD VIBE)
- Tubular Exhaust Manifold
- 3" Downpipe (complements of Steve again)
- Oil Adapter Plate from twosRus
- Greddy Oil Catch Can (thanks xaftermath801x)
- Rear Strut tower bar ( again Steve)
- custom mandrel bent SS front and mid pipe running into a Thermal R&D muffler. My friend has one of these on his TSI AWD Eagle Talon and it sounds nice.
- Soon to be relocating the battery to the trunk
there's more that i can't remember right now.

l00k0v3rth3r3

currently the turbo, manifold and downpipe are on my garage floor because im fixing my hose from hell correctly this time, thats a funny story.

I was driving to my apartment in East Lansing cause thats where I go to school, and after exiting the highway i was stuck at a train crossing and noticed steam coming from my engine bay, of course i panic, because thats one of the reasons how i lost my 93 gt (over heated, spun a few bearings, then they said it was fixed, but it was still making a noise and before i could get under her, she blew the rod cap threw the block. :cry:) I pulled over opened up the hood and there she was hose from hell all cracked to shit and leaking all over. so i limped her to a parking garage and let her cool down. i got out my tools and started to try and fix it, but my god damn hands were to big to fit in there, so i got my girlfriend to do it! :D
It was still leaking but not that bad, so im back under there doing it right.

l00k0v3rth3r3

Thermal R&D 7" round x 3" inlet/outlet x 16" long muffler on the way, and then headed to the shop to custom bend some exhaust pipes!

syko says

l00k0v3rth3r3":1dxdb5b7 said:
my god damn hands were to big to fit in there, so i got my girlfriend to do it! :D

Placing your hands in small holes are we???

Hahaha jk. Anyhow, in regards to the HFH. You may as well change the other HFH. Its the "U-shaped" rubber hose that connects the oil cooler to the water pump. And while youre there, may as well change the oil cooler gaskets as well. It makes changing the main hose from hell alot easier IMO.

I'm glad youre choosing to work on your car yourself. Its much more challenging/funner lol. Hence the rewards are even better!

Sal

Niceee man.
RC/CS Conversion FTW.

I thought about doing the black and red combo on my O.Z Cronos... But that's a negative.

l00k0v3rth3r3

when its all said and done im planning on getting her painted white and one of my friends dad does vinyl work, so im planning on making her look like the rally car

l00k0v3rth3r3

So i have my new CS front bumper, with all the goodies ( grills, aluminum bumper reinforcement, etc.) Pic will come later.

Lots of shit to do this summer

- Brakes
- EBC yellowstuff pads ( does anyone have these/ do you like them?)
- SP Performance rotors from Rocketeer (front and rear)
- running new hardlines and braided SS lines to remanufactured OEM Calipers

- Some Body work
- new front driver fender
- new rear 1/4's both sides
- new floor pan with a nice coat of POR-15

-Misc.
- still have to move the battery to the trunk
- finish fabing my straight pipe intake
- finish designing, and start fabing skid plate (metal stock on its way)

Thats the update, pics when its all said and done, or maybe some before then

WarTowels

l00k0v3rth3r3":3i52o1ph said:
- EBC yellowstuff pads ( does anyone have these/ do you like them?)

I have them. They work pretty well it seems. I mated them with brand new rotors when I put them on.

They create a LOT of brake dust though. Gotta wash those rims all the time.

-Towels