How I did my 10cm battery relocation.

tw2

Just incase anyone apart from celica_gtx is interested. I didn't want to relocate to the boot/trunk since I wanted it to be fully usable. So yes you can cram all that shit in there even with a full size battery. I did this a while ago so I tried to find some photo's....

Parts list
Some stainless steel
Some 6-8mm bolts and nuts

Tools required
The normal stuff: socket set, screwdrivers etc
A hacksaw- very important.... and lots of blades

So basically I used two of the original 3 intake mount holes and the bolts which it used with their steel ~10mm spacers with rubber around the outside.
Mount.jpg

I then took a slap of 3mm stainless steel and cut it out to the desired shape for a battery base with a hacksaw.... yes with a hacksaw.... yes it took ages. Then I drilled a hole in it for the original battery clamp threaded rod. You can see the stainless base on the floor in front of the battery in this photo if you look really hard. I think I was rebuilding the head at the time?
Stuff.jpg

So yeah then absolutely mangle and destroy the factory battery hold down clamp until it looks similar to mine. Use a suspension stud as one anchor point (torqued back down properly of course) and the rod as the other. Then I drilled and bolted a spot for the fuse box. It comes very close to the bonnet/hood but obviously isn't a problem. All original cables etc are long enough and do not need to be altered at all.
FMICwholeenginebay.jpg

FMIC2wholeenginebay.jpg

And there you have it. The $2.50 battery relocation depending on whether you stole your stainless from the scrap bin at the local stainless factory like I did or actually bought it and the number of hacksaw blades you went through.

i think this has earned a spot on the how to forum huh :D ? NICE JOB! looks clean i like it. ive been pissed at that damn battery/fusebox since i got the black one! i love new projects! 8)

tw2

Thanks for the feedback. Its definitely a tight squeeze with the fuse box on top of the AFM and now I have my recirc bov in the same area but its nice having it all in one space and I hate messing with that sort of wiring. As you guys can tell looking here and in the faq section, I am happy to do any write ups for any mods I have done.

tw2

Took some photo's today. Without me pulling anything apart this might show the base a little better. When you bolt it down it just rests on the tranny mount.
Batterybase.jpg

tw2

Cheers. I sure do.... unfortunately. It is painted red and is under the fuse box. You can just see parts of it. It is lying up the correct way not on its side.