New 165 owner in the PacNW

Status Sean

Rick89GTS":14k8dwp3 said:
^That's too bad for me :doh:
I don't need any of the behind the dash stuff, thanks though.
BTW, nice job on the headlight conversion, it looks great :)

Thanks,

My conversion uses all OE equipment right now, I'm thinking about simplifing it even more and making it 100% custom. It would require me making a mold, to make the covers out of FRP. Then I would be able to sell them to the 165 comunity as kits.

The car is super close to running, everyone keep their fingers crossed.

Rick89GTS

Status Sean":228uqepu said:
.....My conversion uses all OE equipment right now, I'm thinking about simplifing it even more and making it 100% custom. It would require me making a mold, to make the covers out of FRP. Then I would be able to sell them to the 165 comunity as kits.....

I prefer the flip ups, but I bet a lot of the guys would like a conversion kit. The car looks meaner with it, if you know what I mean.

Status Sean

Rick89GTS":e5tdvj74 said:
Status Sean":e5tdvj74 said:
.....My conversion uses all OE equipment right now, I'm thinking about simplifing it even more and making it 100% custom. It would require me making a mold, to make the covers out of FRP. Then I would be able to sell them to the 165 comunity as kit.....

I prefer the flip ups, but I bet a lot of the guys would like a conversion kit. The car looks meaner with it, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I kind of like the nostalgic look of the flip ups, we did the conversion to get some unneeded weight off the front end.