Online EPC, BGB, and misc. articles

MrDB

toayoztan":14rt486z said:
Good find! Some of the sections are inconclusive, but this may help reduce a lot of the "what part number is..." questions. If there are any discrepancies, tips, suggestions, and what not any of you come across while using this, please post in this thread. Hopefully we can make great use of this!

This any use to a nyone :wink:

Online EPC - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

toayoztan":14rt486z said:
Here is another link for everyone to use. It's been organized by MWP of this forum, many thanks for that!

Various BGB's, diagrams, and articles - http://gt4.mwp.id.au

toayoztan

Some part numbers do not show up. Here is an example.

For a 1993 ST185 in the US (as the car chosen) if you click on:

Powertrain/Chassis > 17. Rear Backing Plate & Wheel Cylinder

You will see the picture on the left with a list of parts on the right as usual. However, no part numbers will be listed and instead will say "Not applicable."

If you instead type the name of the part in the "Search parts" located in the upper right, it will then give you results of your search. Find the part you're wanting, click on it, and it will then post the picture on the left with the parts list on the right as usual, but this time with part numbers.

*This does NOT work with all parts. Not sure how to get around it completely yet. If anyone knows how, by all means do tell!

Not sure if this happens for any other categories, but this is just a suggestion to get around this problem if you run into it similarly with any other search.

Bryan

Kcman91gts

Ok when you pull up 1991 Gt four RC st185 japan .. and front bumper / assembly .. they have the RC bumper for 314.00 is that really the correct price if i were to order this part from toyota ? .. because i need a new bumper and that would rock if it was really that much .

phattyduck

Sadly, they had to take down all the images used to find the part numbers on the site. All the text information is still there, so the site is still reasonably useful.

-Charlie

RafaCalde

hey guys just letting you know the toyotapartszone.com also took the diagrams away. was just looking at the site and no images are there.

toayoztan

Alright, just giving an update to this thread.

I've added another link to various BGB's you can view, diagrams, articles, tech stuff, etc. It's been organized by MWP, and very well done, in my opinion. Many thanks for doing that and sharing your site with us!

Bryan

lumbercis

I think it would be REALLY helpful if someone could find a ST215 BGB as well. This swap is becoming more common both here and on the mr2 boards and a BGB would be SUPER helpful. Someone sent me the links for the Toyota EPC, but the info you can glean from there is limited compared to the BGB.

Maybe an Aussie/NZ member might be able to source one?

J.

aus jd 2703

i believe st215 were japan only, so getting a bgb in English will be hard.
right now i would kill for a bgb for a Japanese st205 in English

lumbercis

aus jd 2703":3evx8wm1 said:
i believe st215 were japan only, so getting a bgb in English will be hard.
right now i would kill for a bgb for a Japanese st205 in English

Ahh sorry, you are right. I did a little research and it seems that the ST215 was just a common export, but wasn't officially released outside Japan. Well, if anyone would find it useful I'm pretty sure I can source a Japanese BGB as I have friends in Japan.

J.

aus jd 2703

Well I know with jap 205's they have a cco wire and A egw wire and no one on here could tell me what they are and finally a rusian site said they are an exhaust gas temp and a warning light incase damage to th cat will occur due to high heat. I still don't which is which but there supposidly not important in a swap.
Also American wiring diagrams are rather different to Australian we have a brown wire called thg I only know this as I bought the australian bgb which happens to be European as well. But I only have wiring diagrams. Nothing els for engine. Eg I don't have the efi test meathods so I still not sure what this damn thg wire does.

I know this is an american site but it's becoming more international and I think with conversions and engine swaps happening a Japanese 185 205 and 215 manual is needed particularly wiring diagrams

88gt4DE

BGB related ... does someone have just the diagram that includes radaitor cooling fans for st165 ? ... the ones I look at dont seem to be correct ... I dont see the radiator switch among other things that dont seem correct ... just curious if anyone else has had this issue too :shrug: I have the 88 BGB which doesnt look correct ...