Group A from OZ

Puffy

It has been awhile :doh: ..... still not 100% finished but its alive and kicking. Decided to take some pics since its been a long time since the the car has seen any daylight.

Car is very dusty and I still need to install the driver side mirror.
You cant imagine how tempting it is to take the car for a little spin but Puffy needs to behave until rego is sorted.

noseks1.jpg

cfhoodes6.jpg

frontxb0.jpg

enginegs1.jpg

enginebayqe4.jpg

bodyqn5.jpg

angledu2.jpg

smog7

HOLY FU%K your car is awesome!! Any heat problems with the manifold and the underside of the hood?

ST185pinjo

:shock:

Nice car m8!

Are those slicks?
What difference did you see in intake temp between W2A and FMIC?
What turbo?

C-dubb

good lord. that intake is gigantic.

that's the most beautiful thing i've seen all week. good work. let us know how that bad boy performs.

Conan

No comment on the wheels :twisted: but that's a great example of how to get money invested the right way :D
And... heat-wrap that manifold... NOW! ;)

Puffy

smog7 - No problems with heat as I put a heat mat on my original Group A hood just incase.
The CF hood I have yet to do the same but so far seems to deal with the heat ok. Might do so just to play it safe.

ST185pingo - Cheers mate..... really like the look of your car also. Tyres are Falken RT215 semi slicks.
FMIC had better intake temps but took alot longer to recover when heat soaked whilst the WTA easily heat soaked it recovered much quicker.
FMIC wieghs alot less also. Turbo is a Garrett thats based on a HKS 3037S

Thanks to all for the positive comments.

theUNYTEDone

one of the sweetest ones ive seen to date. any horsepower numbers?
very beautiful engine bay...very naked, too! :shock: what was needed for it to get like that? where's everything located now?....hopefully one day i can have something like that...and good on ya for scoring a CF hood...is that the fiber images one?

also, is that DIY intercooler piping?
cheers mate, beautiful car. sorry about all the inquisitions. :oops:

Puffy

Only managed to get a base tune before the original radiator blew. Not wanting to waste the day I found a replacement by the afternoon and on its first run we had an injector o-ring give way so we called it a day and didnt get any numbers :(

I totally rewired the car to get it the way it is. Fuses & relays are now in the glove box and removed AC & ABS. Using an EMS helps too as it gets rid of AFMs and the need for resisters etc. Piping was custom made and the hood is a FI one. Its a real shame they dont make these anymore as when I compare it to the original Group A hood its a damn good replica and weighs so much less.

gt4tified

Gawd dang....now THAT's what I call a full blown manifold. That intake should also be categorized as industrial as well.....maybe its time for a turbine? :lol:

Puffy

Instead of creating a new topic I thought I would dig this old thread and update it.

I wanted a TTE like carbon airbox. Since my engine bay has alot of changes I knew this would be another custom job. I try to do things myself where I can so I started out with floral foam and began shaping the box.

dscf0016dv3.jpg

After some time I got the desired shape.

dscf0020pz3.jpg

Shaping the base was almost impossible as I wanted to mould into the inner guard and use the factory intake holes into the box.
I ended up fiber glassing the base seperately and fusing the two peices together.

dscf0049xn7.jpg

I have finished sanding down any imperfections and its ready for the carbon overlay.

img0338qr3.jpg

I would have liked the intake pipe and box to be one peice but found this would make it difficult to install/remove.
I would need to shift the unit to the left since the box goes into the guard. It will foul on the turbo so no go.

The box molds into the factory holes below which will feed the turbo.

intakeur2.jpg

Relocation of the PS unit is done. I will get some pics up of that too.

Kcman91gts

Wow that truley is a beautiful and stunning alltrac man congrats .. with the cs hood tho dont you worry about rain and whatnot damaging any of your engine bay parts with the big open screen ?

also would happen to have more pics on the powersteering modification and the box modification .. that is very unique i havnt seen anything like that ever .

Puffy

It does not rain often but I should make a cover just in case.
More worried about hitting a kangaroo....they can do serious damage.

Since its RHD Im not sure you will find my PS relocation any help. However, here are some pics of what was done. For LHD, a longer high pressure line would be needed to run from the pump to the rack (blue hose). Running a cooler on a LHD would require looping lines but everything else should be easy as you dont have the brake booster to contend with when mounting the reservoir. Make sure the lines are accessable so you can undo them if you need to drop the engine.

ps1gt8.jpg

ps2fp1.jpg

ps3ct2.jpg