Stock ST185 vs 2 dirt bikes....close race

bridge47

I've wanted to share this for awhile.

So I'm tooling along on a steep uphill gravel road with lots of tight corners and some medium long straights, when my rearview fills up with 2 dirt bikes(2 strokes I think) who just came right out of the woods. Instantly, they try for the pass but I'm already spooled up and sliding around as fast as she'll go. They are even with my rear wheels on the straights but they can't hang on in the corners even though they appear to be good riders(backin it into the corners, foot down, flat track style). My large lug Hankook ice/gravel tires probably help.

After about 4 miles they pass me while I'm at a stop sign to pull into a bar/cafe on the side of the road where up to 200 bikes of all types gather on Sat. mornings. As they are getting off their bikes, I trundle by and say "nice ridin." They give me these strange goofy looks and refuse to comment. I simply smile and drive on....good adrenaline fun

EasternBandit

I raced a couple dirt bikes on an out of town gravel logging road with my old st165 on some destudded snow tires. Easy to lose them in the corners like you said. And 90 on gravel feels awesome with these cars :D