Texas Gathering Ideas?

The heartland

Texas Gathering Ideas?

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:30 pm

Ok so its about time we set up a date for the 1st annual Texas Gathering! I know there are alot of people with there cars down at the moment so maybe sometime in the spring? Location?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby 05christj » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:43 pm

spring would be perfect. my deployment ends sometime in january. I think we should have it somewhere equally convienient for everybody that attends so should we start out finding out where everybody lives? I will be in Killeen/FT. Hood
1988 ST165 Blue (sold)
1988 ST165 White (sold)
05christj
Club Member

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:18 pm

My buddy is stationed down there...

mid texas would be around houston or austin right?

There are a decent number of us here in DFW I just hope that everyone will be done with there winter projects by then. I think Joe and Keri are going to be rebuilding the engine and a few other large projects will be going on as well.

Post up anyone that wants to go.
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby darthripley » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:29 am

Would ya'll want to do an Austin meet in the spring?
it's pretty central as far as Tx goes imho.

we could meet up with the 6gc.net guys who are very cool btw for a Tx All Gen Celica meet, photoshoot & drive in the twisty hill country back roads down there.
Joe & i met with all the Tx 6gc (6th gen celica) guys this summer in Austin & it was great - the best meet we had ever been to with a really fun backroad drive.

James, you're right we have a huge overhaul to complete this fall/winter so by the time spring rolls around we should have Vadar up & running again.
i'm actually beginning the process of ordering & waiting on parts to arrive as we speak.

lemme know what you guys think of an all gen meet in austin. :)
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby TexasAlltrac » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:38 am

I been off the boards and the Alltrac has not even been started in more than a year (till yesterday), but I would be up for a Spring meet in Austin. The car should be running good by then.

TG
TexasAlltrac
Club Member

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:09 pm

Honestly that would probably be alot more fun then just have 5 or so alltracs meet up. Are they already planning a meet or will we need to work with them on setting this up? Should be a fun drive down there...
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby darthripley » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:52 pm

good to see you again texasalltrac :)

James, i can work with the 6gc guys when it gets closer to spring & get everything planned then.

i'll repost the details here for all who can make it when the time comes.
we can then decide if you or anyone else in north tx or oklahoma want to meet up with us somewhere on the drive down & caravan etc etc.

it is a lot more fun being with a bigger group b/c as we all know alltracs seemingly love to break down/develop probs before a get together :shoots:
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Sounds good. So my goal is just to keep the alltrac running until then. :lol:
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby MixMaster » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:00 am

I'm in also - tons of great roads down here in beautiful ATX.
'93 All-Trac Red- JDM swapped
'06 BMW 325i
'08 Chevy Tahoe
MixMaster
Club Member

Postby d1alltrac » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:00 pm

Hey guys, most likely I won't be able to go down to Austin. We'll see when it gets closer to that time....I need to find a job and get a couple things taken care of on the white car before I can make it to a meet anyway.

That is unless someone has a spare shortblock they wanna donate to get the red car down there. :P :D
Patrick R.

88 ST165 x2
92 MR2 turbo
02 330i
d1alltrac
Established Member

Postby toayoztan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 pm

I'd be interested in going to the meet.

I'll be graduated and hopefully with a job to help fund a few things to get the car in more of a decent shape.

Bryan
2017 Pilot Elite
2014 Juke NISMO RS
1994 Supra TT 6spd
1993 Alltrac - http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466
1977 Celica GT Liftback
2015 Grom
1977 GL1000
toayoztan
GTFour God

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:48 pm

d1alltrac wrote:Hey guys, most likely I won't be able to go down to Austin. We'll see when it gets closer to that time....I need to find a job and get a couple things taken care of on the white car before I can make it to a meet anyway.

That is unless someone has a spare shortblock they wanna donate to get the red car down there. :P :D

stealthdgt4 (David) has an st165 engine but I think it needs a rebuild also... If thats what your looking for im sure if you wave some money in his face he would sell it. If you need help on anything to make it to the meet just send me a pm and I will find some time.

toayoztan wrote:I'd be interested in going to the meet.

I'll be graduated and hopefully with a job to help fund a few things to get the car in more of a decent shape.

Bryan

Great! So we could call it the mid south meet! :P
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby d1alltrac » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Hotrodhendrix wrote:
stealthdgt4 (David) has an st165 engine but I think it needs a rebuild also... If thats what your looking for im sure if you wave some money in his face he would sell it. If you need help on anything to make it to the meet just send me a pm and I will find some time.

Thanks for the heads up but money is the real thing holding me back at this point. I've gotten used to not having a job so it's kinda hard to actually go look for one. :doh:
Patrick R.

88 ST165 x2
92 MR2 turbo
02 330i
d1alltrac
Established Member

Postby 05christj » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:30 pm

I need sombody who can help me pull the tranny so I can have it rebuilt before I would be able to attend this meet I can tow the car to your house we can pull it and I will put the car and engine back on the trailer and take it with me so I wont take up any of your space. I will bring the car and engine back so we can install the tranny. I will pay for drinks food whatever else we might need to complete the project. the thing is I have never done this before thats why I need help
1988 ST165 Blue (sold)
1988 ST165 White (sold)
05christj
Club Member

Postby DEATHGT2 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi all. Whenever you get ready to have this thing let me and Ripley/Joe know and we can see about getting all of the 6gc people together. Our last meet in Austin was cool. There was v6 6gc, my 3S swapped car and of course Vadar stole show. Now there are two other successful swaps in the area interested in meeting up with us as well so come spring time I'm sure I can get some interesting cars to show.
Look forward to meeting some other 3S owners :D

BTW - How would I go about finding other 3S owners in Houston?
Oh and to all of you who are needing motors etc. - I know an importer who is trying to nearly give away several ST-185 clips so if you need engines badly and wouldn't mind a whole clip instead - hit me up.
DEATHGT2
Club Member

Next

Return to Midwest/Tx