Texas Gathering Ideas?

Hotrodhendrix

Ok so its about time we set up a date for the 1st annual Texas Gathering! I know there are alot of people with there cars down at the moment so maybe sometime in the spring? Location?

05christj

spring would be perfect. my deployment ends sometime in january. I think we should have it somewhere equally convienient for everybody that attends so should we start out finding out where everybody lives? I will be in Killeen/FT. Hood

Hotrodhendrix

My buddy is stationed down there...

mid texas would be around houston or austin right?

There are a decent number of us here in DFW I just hope that everyone will be done with there winter projects by then. I think Joe and Keri are going to be rebuilding the engine and a few other large projects will be going on as well.

Post up anyone that wants to go.

darthripley

Would ya'll want to do an Austin meet in the spring?
it's pretty central as far as Tx goes imho.

we could meet up with the 6gc.net guys who are very cool btw for a Tx All Gen Celica meet, photoshoot & drive in the twisty hill country back roads down there.
Joe & i met with all the Tx 6gc (6th gen celica) guys this summer in Austin & it was great - the best meet we had ever been to with a really fun backroad drive.

James, you're right we have a huge overhaul to complete this fall/winter so by the time spring rolls around we should have Vadar up & running again.
i'm actually beginning the process of ordering & waiting on parts to arrive as we speak.

lemme know what you guys think of an all gen meet in austin. :)

TexasAlltrac

I been off the boards and the Alltrac has not even been started in more than a year (till yesterday), but I would be up for a Spring meet in Austin. The car should be running good by then.

TG

Hotrodhendrix

Honestly that would probably be alot more fun then just have 5 or so alltracs meet up. Are they already planning a meet or will we need to work with them on setting this up? Should be a fun drive down there...

darthripley

good to see you again texasalltrac :)

James, i can work with the 6gc guys when it gets closer to spring & get everything planned then.

i'll repost the details here for all who can make it when the time comes.
we can then decide if you or anyone else in north tx or oklahoma want to meet up with us somewhere on the drive down & caravan etc etc.

it is a lot more fun being with a bigger group b/c as we all know alltracs seemingly love to break down/develop probs before a get together :shoots:

d1alltrac

Hey guys, most likely I won't be able to go down to Austin. We'll see when it gets closer to that time....I need to find a job and get a couple things taken care of on the white car before I can make it to a meet anyway.

That is unless someone has a spare shortblock they wanna donate to get the red car down there. :p :D

toayoztan

I'd be interested in going to the meet.

I'll be graduated and hopefully with a job to help fund a few things to get the car in more of a decent shape.

Bryan

Hotrodhendrix

d1alltrac":a98shtae said:
Hey guys, most likely I won't be able to go down to Austin. We'll see when it gets closer to that time....I need to find a job and get a couple things taken care of on the white car before I can make it to a meet anyway.

That is unless someone has a spare shortblock they wanna donate to get the red car down there. :p :D

stealthdgt4 (David) has an st165 engine but I think it needs a rebuild also... If thats what your looking for im sure if you wave some money in his face he would sell it. If you need help on anything to make it to the meet just send me a pm and I will find some time.

toayoztan":a98shtae said:
I'd be interested in going to the meet.

I'll be graduated and hopefully with a job to help fund a few things to get the car in more of a decent shape.

Bryan

Great! So we could call it the mid south meet! :p

d1alltrac

Hotrodhendrix":1gyohkhj said:
stealthdgt4 (David) has an st165 engine but I think it needs a rebuild also... If thats what your looking for im sure if you wave some money in his face he would sell it. If you need help on anything to make it to the meet just send me a pm and I will find some time.

Thanks for the heads up but money is the real thing holding me back at this point. I've gotten used to not having a job so it's kinda hard to actually go look for one. :doh:

05christj

I need sombody who can help me pull the tranny so I can have it rebuilt before I would be able to attend this meet I can tow the car to your house we can pull it and I will put the car and engine back on the trailer and take it with me so I wont take up any of your space. I will bring the car and engine back so we can install the tranny. I will pay for drinks food whatever else we might need to complete the project. the thing is I have never done this before thats why I need help

DEATHGT2

Hi all. Whenever you get ready to have this thing let me and Ripley/Joe know and we can see about getting all of the 6gc people together. Our last meet in Austin was cool. There was v6 6gc, my 3S swapped car and of course Vadar stole show. Now there are two other successful swaps in the area interested in meeting up with us as well so come spring time I'm sure I can get some interesting cars to show.
Look forward to meeting some other 3S owners :D

BTW - How would I go about finding other 3S owners in Houston?
Oh and to all of you who are needing motors etc. - I know an importer who is trying to nearly give away several ST-185 clips so if you need engines badly and wouldn't mind a whole clip instead - hit me up.

Hotrodhendrix

I dont think anyone has set a specific date. More than likely most of this will be figured out by the 6th gen guys. Once they post up on there board we can link it to here.

Hotrodhendrix

d1alltrac":1noz2pd9 said:
Thanks for the heads up but money is the real thing holding me back at this point. I've gotten used to not having a job so it's kinda hard to actually go look for one. :doh:

I know what you mean! Good luck in your search and I hope you and your alltrac join us down south!

05christj":1noz2pd9 said:
I need sombody who can help me pull the tranny so I can have it rebuilt before I would be able to attend this meet I can tow the car to your house we can pull it and I will put the car and engine back on the trailer and take it with me so I wont take up any of your space. I will bring the car and engine back so we can install the tranny. I will pay for drinks food whatever else we might need to complete the project. the thing is I have never done this before thats why I need help

Same goes for you. If I was closer I would give you a hand but am a bit out of the way!

DEATHGT2":1noz2pd9 said:
BTW - How would I go about finding other 3S owners in Houston?
Oh and to all of you who are needing motors etc. - I know an importer who is trying to nearly give away several ST-185 clips so if you need engines badly and wouldn't mind a whole clip instead - hit me up.

PM sent for a friend

darthripley

Mixmaster, we're way too far out for a date, but it will be spring/summer next year.

Death, i'm not sure exactly how many 3s Houston guys there are (not counting MR2's)
i know there is Griffin w/a ST185 & the guy with "the shuttle" ST185 with Castrol decals made to look like the WRC.
other than that, i'm not sure who else there is :shrug:

DEATHGT2

Griffin has been to my house way back when he first moved here [all black alltrac right? - if not - oops :twisted: ] and I know Chris from our old meets and I know 90% of the MR2 guys here. Just was wondering if there was more people here with 3S celicas besides me and another 6th gen GT2 I know.
Never see them around here but would be cool to meet some.