DEATHGT2

DEATHGT2

Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. I've been a lurker around here for many years but I've been a regular member over at 6gc.net since early '03 or so.
My car, "Elise", is a '94 Celica GT with a '93 JDM GT4 RC 3S-GTE swap [I hear you call us halftracks LOL - we prefer the term GT2 :D ] and tons of nice mods to the engine as well as interior, exterior audio/video etc. The interior/exterior mods are all stock Toyota/TRD from various models - no bodykit stuff for me. My DD is a '93 Lexus LS400 "Marilyn" but I hardly ever drive her - the GT2 is too much fun. Tho I probably should.
Here is my list of mods for anyone who cares:
Performance
'93 JDM GT4 RC 3S-GTE
8.8:1 Pistons
ARP Head Studs
HKS Metal Headgasket
HKS Turbo Timer
Blitz Blowoff Valve
TwosRus MBC
Front Mount Intercooler
Custom Welded IC Piping
APEX'i Induction Kit/Filter
AFM/3" Intake/Turbo Inlet [minimal bend]
Custom Full 3.0" DP/BP
AEM UEGO Wideband o2 Sensor/Gauge
3" Magnaflow High Flow Cat
GReddy SP2 Catback Exhaust
Kirkasaurus Poly Motor Mounts
MSD Blaster 2 Coil
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
TRD Wires
TRD quickshifter kit
TRD Boost Gauge
ACT Stage 3 Clutch
STRI EGT Gauge
STRI Oil Pressure Gauge
STRI Boost gauge [Coming Soon]
KOYO Racing Radiator
Oil Catch Can

Suspension
Bilstein Struts
Tein S-Tech Springs
Stock Strut Tower Brace [Front]
Custom Strut Tower Brace [Front]
GT4 Strut Tower Brace [Rear]

Exterior
GT4 WRC Hood
GT4 WRC Hood Spoiler
GT4 Spoiler Riser Blocks
JDM Tails
JDM Power Folding Mirrors
HID Lows with Polished lenses
Facelift '96+ Front Bumper
404 Sideskirts
OEM/TRD Front Extensions
OEM/TRD Rear Extensions
TRD badges
tC Grill
RSX NightHawk Black Pearl Paint

Interior
'99 Style 3 Spoke Steering Wheel
JDM SS-III Red and Black Sport Seats
JDM ST-202 Toyota Hyper Sports Floor Mats
Leather Style Dash
Leather Style Door Panels
NightHawk Black Pearl Painted Dash Inserts

4 Gauge A Pillar Pod with:
TRD Boost Gauge 30VAC to 15PSI
STRI Boost gauge [Coming Soon]
STRI EGT Gauge
STRI Oil Pressure Gauge
AEM UEGO Wideband o2 Sensor/Gauge in DS Vent
Custom Single Din Gauge Cluster with:
Volt Meter
Oil Temp
Water Temp
Red 5way LED Gauge Cluster/Blinkers
Red 5way LED A Pillar Gauges
Red 5way LED Single Din Gauge Cluster

Sony Xplod Head Deck
Boston Acoustic SX Performance 6.5"/Tweeter Component Speakers [Front]
Boston Acoustic SL60 6.0" Speakers [Rear]
Boss DVD Player [Custom mounted in glove box]
(2) Boss 7" Widescreen Monitors in custom locations [1 in PS Airbag Position]
3-way Electronic Crossover
Rockford-Fosgate 15" P2 Subwoofer in custom enclosure
Rockford-Fosgate 4004 Amplifier
Rockford-Fosgate 3002 Amplifier
Rockford-Fosgate 1 Farad Capacitor
Full set of R-F Accessories

And probably a few things here or there that I may have forgotten. So yeah she's a bit hooked up. :D
Additionally, I'm proud to say I'm a friend of Darthripley and Justjoe - Hi ya'll.
This is my 6th Celica and my second swap so I'm pretty well versed in Celicas, MR2's, Supras and various other Toyotas.
Anyway - enough about me, here's a few pictures of my girl Elise:
DSC00221.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

And of course - the money shot:
DSC00050.jpg

LegacyofDan

lol i have a new background! your car ;)....very nice indeed!...very nice halftrac :p um i mean GT2...:), actually i like the sound of GT2 also lol...but still very nice indeed and welcome to the board my friend!

DEATHGT2

Thanks ya'll. Actually I like your ride quite a bit too. The first swap I ever did [with the help of a local alltrac friend] was in my '86 GTS - we swapped in a '90 3S-GTE. She was pretty quick but I went through 2 3S-GTE's in like 3 years so sadly I let her go. This was back in '98 or so. Ever since then I've been all about the 6gc and since they didn't grace us with the GT4 here I settled for the next best thing. I've done the 5S-FTE successfully on my previous '99 but someone rearended me and so that car was wasted. So now I'm finally back to the 3S-GTE and loving every minute of it. I've spent close to $15K on this car just in the last year so she gets the attn she deserves. :wink:

No Dyno numbers yet. Actually, much to the chagrin of many 6gc.net members, Elise is still running on stock boost [8psi] altho the boost controller is installed. I just know all to well the boost greed thing and I'm trying to get all the fun I can out of her and most importantly get her running 100% perfectly before I start pushing her.
I'm about ready for my baseline Dyno and in fact it's already paid for with Turbochargers.com which is just down the road.
I guess all I can say is check back with me - she will be getting dyno'd and I will be getting my 1/4mile times tho I really didn't build this car for 1/4miles - more of a road race car.

LegacyofDan - thanks. It's quite a compliment to have my car be someone's background :D

Couple more pics:
This is an old one but here you can see I've replaced my PS side airbag with a 7" widescreen
HPIM1196.jpg

Here's a more up to date shot that shows the Rav4 wheel [I'll get another shot with the new Toyota Hyper Sports Mats and the red and black SS-III seats once I install them this weekend
DSC00024.jpg

And one of the DD Marilyn
DSC00231.jpg

LegacyofDan

now that is a cool idea i have yet to think of....replace the airbag with a vid screen, i most certainly like that idea, very slick indeed! and no problem bro, i'm a huge fan of my lil ST165, but also i just love the looks of the 94-98 celicas(so long as they have a turbo ;)), that when i see a keeper, i have to wall paper it and adore it for a while :)

DEATHGT2

Like all my mods, the patented SRS Audio/Video setup [ 8) ] I made myself from hand bending the aluminum bezils on the sides to mounting/hingeing of the screen itself. Currently I'm working on getting it to raise and lower by itself. Think I've settled on using a pop trunk actuator to motorise it and wire it to the DVD players remote output so that when you turn on the DVD the screen will raise and turn on automatically and turnoff and lower as well. It's a WIP.
I love me a nice ST16x - how do I see ya'lls cars? Do we not have profiles here? How would anyone know what each other has otherwise?
:doh: I still miss my '86 GT2 - hurts a bit worse now that I see all these nice alltracs

Edit: vvv cool - got my sig to work vvv

darthripley

Great to see you here Death - Welcome! :D

yes we commonly refer to fwd swaps as halftrac's here lol
GT2 is a cool way to put it also ... sort of made me think of Aliens when Ripley calls Bishop an android & he says "I prefer the term artificial person" :wink:

be sure & check out the Project section so you can see everyone's build threads - they are all nicely organized in one section here :)

DEATHGT2

smog7":319tjth3 said:
welcome. I like the GT2 turbo badge on the rear.

Thanks - it's one part Celica, one part MR2T and one part SupraT. It's really just a prototype for the custom badge I'll eventually have made. It's meant to be reminiscant of the Celica GT4 GrA Ralley Badge but will look moreso when I get the custom one made.

rotaryae86 - Soon. I just got the car for a song so currently awaiting plates cause the local police like to pull young guys in Lexus [Lexii?] over on suspicion. So far I've just added an expensive two-way pager alarm to it since the Celica sleeps in the garage and I've got the two usual 1st gen LS gremlins to deal with: The blinking gauge cluster and the blown rear airbag which makes the ride oh so enjoyable - like riding a horse or something.
Just got the SS-III red and black seats in, hit a snag and had to hit the junkyard cause the seatbelt clickers on JDM SS-III's are evidently different than the USDM GT's. :doh: Strange things you find when you modify. Unfortunately there was a gigantic rip in the rear seat that was not visible until I unwrapped the package so, being the completionist that I am, I'll be looking out for a new bottom rear seat.
I'll post pics later today or tomorrow - they look soooo sweet

Thanks for the welcome ya'll - now time to go test the IAC valve [Thanks for the info Ripley]

DEATHGT2

Just realised I never got any pictures up of the DD's engine as some people requested due to the alarm install taking way too long.
DSC00260.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

darthripley

nice clean engine bay on Marilyn - i love it Death :D

you're just missing a snail to really give her some torque ;)

get some old school deep dish rims for some VIP style like these (ignore the body kit & ugly spoiler)
114922521625789.jpg

114922521753240.jpg

don't forget the Celsior badge either 8)

DEATHGT2

Celsior badge and huge rims are totally in the works. I ordered the last few gauges to replace some of the redundant ones on Elise just so that I could be at a stopping point and start focusing on Marilyn a bit. Got a line on a Celsior badge as we speak [Which is funny cause I've always been a Stan Lee fan]

DEATHGT2

Little update - not much to speak of really but:

Dyno'd at 227WHP/254WTQ [Mustang Dyno - explains the lower HP number I suppose but I'm not trippin on that at all] at stock boost and basically a stock swap [minus the FMIC and BOV]. AFR's were outstanding for a ST-185 RC engine.
Took it out to Austin and ran it in the hills with Darthripley and Mixmaster [Hey guys!] and it did very well. I'm 100% pleased with her and I didn't miss the AWD in the least.
I went ahead finally finished all the gauges and wiring etc so now I can really monitor what's going. and now the real changes begin:
I have an ST-205 WRC Steel CT-20b, ECU, Injectors/Fuel Rail, 2.5bar MAP and all the little things needed to swap ordered and basically on layaway with friend on 6gc.net. So next up I'm gonna try to pull 300WHP/TQ on what will become a basically stock WRC swap. Damn I can't wait to ditch the AFM.
So - RC to WRC coming soon!

Keri is there a Build Diary section or something of that nature where this should be moved to? If so please feel free to move it as I'll update it from time to time and I'm not new anymore so whatever you think is best.