raced a 93 hatch...

i got off of work one day "probably about a month ago", at around 11:00pm. i jumped on the freeway to come home. i was cruising at around 70mph, because that is always the speed i drive at. all of a sudden, this hatch pulls up next to me. i could see that his car was mostly stock "jdm look", but had a big fart can in the back. also, it had the usual "BIG" sway bar in the back of the car stretching from one side of the hatch to the other. ever since i swapped my car, i have never really have open her before so this was my chance. all of a sudden, i hear the little hatch reving the crap out of the car, so i looked over. he stared at me and you could hear that he just down shifted, and pulled about a car ahead of me. i was like " aww.. heck no", so i drop it to 4th gear and caught up and then lined up with him. still staying in fourth, he honked three times and off we went. i punched it all the way, and i could see that his car was starting to fall behind slowly. at that point, i threw it into 5th and was about 5 to 6 cars ahead of him. i was still going and thought, well, lets let him catch up. i slowled the car down to about 80mph, and he comes flying by me. he passes me for about 4 cars or so. i down shifted to 4th again, and caught up to him like nothing. i passed him another time and then he finally realized he wasn't going to win, so he exited out of the freeway. i came home proud.... i still, til this day, wondered if his car was a swap or not. the car seem pretty fast, but if it was a the stock d16, he would of fallen behind by so many cars.

wizzards581

most of those EG hatches now days have the B-series engine at least... i might try a friend of mine with a B18C typeR... it would be a fun match...

i used to have a 93 civic si w/ jdm GSR B18C swap.

gt4tified

I think it may have been a B16a...a B18c in a light chassis like that would have given you a better run, especially on top-end.

Not to burst your bubble but a win over a n/a hawnduh isn't really a win.....it wasn't even a contest to start with! lol

wizzards581

WarTowels":2p52lxze said:
Oh, I was thinking it was a 93 Celica hatch the whole time...

-Towels

he mention D16 motor, D16A1 which came in the crx si, 88-91 civic ex/si or the D16z6 92-95 civic ex/si, or D16y8 96-00 civic ex.

gpmarzan

my friends boyfriend supposedly has an all motor civic that runs mid 12s. I have no idea what motor he is running though.

LegacyofDan

yeah i have seen a few(keyword) civics run mid to high 12 range at maple grove...saw a crx run a high 11...the thing was screaming loud tho, and boosting...but i doubt he anything close to stock inside that car....

Wicked Toys

I work in a place with a couple of so called "Honda Power" guys lol. And all they talk about is how there cars will blow the doors off my alltrac.

Which I agree with them an AWD Tank vs 150-200hp Go Karts. It's not even a race. So I just let them have their concieded glory. I rather drive a limited produced car then a everyday/everywhere Honda anyday.

But for shit's n giggles in the next couple weeks as one of my co-workers does his B18C5 GSR Swap in his 95 EG Hatch. We plan on going out and having some fun. His lightwieght 200hp vs my 240ish tank will be fun. Wish I could have my W2A in but still need some things.

I have beaten a new Si with Intake n Exhaust, Stock SRT4, Stock Cobalt SC, and a 08 modded WRX. So will see.

Here's his next to my WRX

2974666_39_full.jpg

Wicked Toys

Haha no that's where we work. Which is at Mercedes VPC in the port of Baltimore. We import smart cars and chrysler products as well.

Mafix

if you do loose, call me. i'll make the trip just to put him in his place. i hope he's quick.

but run him from a stop and dump at 5K and he shouldn't be able to catch up until about 80mph.

Wicked Toys

Mafix":3fyxevbi said:
if you do loose, call me. i'll make the trip just to put him in his place. i hope he's quick.

but run him from a stop and dump at 5K and he shouldn't be able to catch up until about 80mph.

Haha yeah, I'd know he wouldn't be an issue for your ride lol.

But yeah the AWD launch and hittin my marks after should hopefully do the trick. Again it's all for fun either way.

wizzards581

haha... a B18C5 is a USDM integra type R... a jdm GSR and type R are stamped B18C w/ no last #... you can only tell by the intake manifold because GSR and type R heads are not the same...

i think EG w/ type R swaps are not that fast...my friends EG w/ jdm type R barely beat my bro-n-laws '05 corolla XRS w/ cold air intake... :p his corolla XRS couldnt even pass me from a rolling 2nd gear up to 120mph... he gave up, he said he cant catch up... :D